Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Facebook..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

jaysus ... website only in existence since Jan 2010 .... and only registered until 2011.... registered in Russia.

me thinks someone will make a lot of money and there's gonna be loads of "bargain hunters" out of pocket.

OP... have you reported the advert to Facebook ? (Dont ask me how - I dont know but I assume you can report stuff to them)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

If someone is willing to pay, Facebook is willing to host it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,283 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

yep, it's not their job to proactively police ads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

They're probably served out by some other third part anyway. And advertising agencies, whether online or not, have never been shy of whoring themselves out for a quick buck.
    Should there be some oversight on behalf of places like Facebook ? Probably. Will there ever be ? Probably not so long as the entire web relies on the shaky foundations of online advertising as being its main revenue stream.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Damn, they only accept Western Union & Bank Transfer, now I can't complete my order for my brand new Canon 17-40 f4 L for only €339 including delivery - what a shame :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 mofrazer

Was after a Speedlight at half the price, I am tempted.

But I will resist, it seams to good to be true.
    I smell something. Unless anyone else has any ideas about this company?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Roro4Brit

yep, it's not their job to proactively police ads.

Facebook do proactively police their ads - to make sure they are within their advertising specs. It is however impossible for any company - Facebook, Google etc to substantiate the claims of advertisers. How is someone in FB supposed to know how much a particular item is worth? Open advertising platforms rely on good will of those who advertise and consumer shrewdness.

If you click the 'x' on the ad unit, it will delete off your profile and ask you to say why you are not liking the ad. 'Misleading' is an option or you can select 'Other' and fill out additional comments.

My rule is - if it sounds too good to be true, then it is :D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 328 ✭✭thefly

mofrazer wrote: »
    Was after a Speedlight at half the price, I am tempted.

But I will resist, it seams to good to be true.
    I smell something. Unless anyone else has any ideas about this company?

Maybe you farted ?

Advertisement