Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car thieves should be shot

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Amateurs had a huge problem with mine :pac:

ah well, that's the trouble with hondas. ;)
    might not be able to take it..but they'll sure try

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,719 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

SV wrote: »
    ah well, that's the trouble with hondas. ;)
    might not be able to take it..but they'll sure try

Bastards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭Motorcheck

Unfortunately selling a stolen car in ireland is all too easy if the buyer doesn't perform the proper checks.

The following links to a short video where a current customer of ours outlines how he was duped into parting with 4 grand for a stolen car http://www.motorcheck.ie/blog/the-harsh-reality-of-buying-a-stolen-car/

Just goes to show how fearless these thieves are!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

Motorcheck wrote: »
    Unfortunately selling a stolen car in ireland is all too easy if the buyer doesn't perform the proper checks.

The following links to a short video where a current customer of ours outlines how he was duped into parting with 4 grand for a stolen car http://www.motorcheck.ie/blog/the-harsh-reality-of-buying-a-stolen-car/

Just goes to show how fearless these thieves are!
    A bloke I used to work with parted 6.5k for a cloned Transit Connect. Broke all the cardinal sins: paid in cash, seller came to his house, didn't get any checks done to it, seller had a mobile number now long gone. After 3 weeks he was pulled, cops had on the system the van had no tax or doe, but in the windscreen it was taxed for 9 months, cops saw alarm bells and dug further. He received no VRC, all other documentation was counterfeit. The obviously seized it, and released it after various checks.

Now it's sitting on his driveway doing nothing, he has since gone out and bought a brand new van on finance to keep working and is 6.5k out of pocket. Insurers still unsure what they're doing with the van.

Poor guy :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Times are a changing, people are taking matters into their own hands, specially in the modified community, only recently a car thief was caught stealing someones car he was found out, he got a knock on his door and was found to have a few known cars stripped out back and was selling the parts. all parts were taken and returned to the owners and the thief was thought a lesson in life. Something needs to be done before this kind of action becomes a regular thing because its going that way, i have a top of the range alarm with multiple immobilisers, hidden kill switches, steering lock, CCTV and then some.... but i still fecking worry about my car with the ammount of chancers around, personally i would have no problem in dealing with an attempted robbery of my car myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,881 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

cronin_j wrote: »
    I know the feeling mateDSC00158.jpg

Me too. You see some shattered glass in the distance and when you're approaching your car you realise it's your shattered glass :(

I'm glad you already got it fixed, Onkle and that you are moving on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Onkle wrote: »
    ok ok that might be a bit extreme but listen to this. I love my cars,......
    No it's not! It's a crime that puts people a hell of a lot out of pocket and the guards don't really give a dam. OK, there's not much they do in some cases.
    I think the GPS tracking device is the way to go.

I had my bicycle robbed, annoyed me so much I bought a lock that is almost the same price as the bike!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Sorry to hear Onkle, absolute bastards. A premises I have was broken into a while back and 3 kids got a good bit of gear; I got to watch the whole thing on CCTV after and I was shaking with the rage. Good thing the Gardaí got them.

If ever I park my car away from home and I know i'm going to be away for more than a few hours, I always set the ignition code. So even if they somehow managed to get the keys, they still can't start it without the code.

bmwcode.jpg

Hopefully those gits that got your car will get what's coming to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Strange one... I keep the car very very clean and tidy on the inside. Today on the way to work I found a piece of cardboard (part of a box off a chicago town pizza) with a number on it. I've asked people who were in my car and nobody knows anything about it. I've passed the number onto the Guards anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,719 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Onkle wrote: »
    Strange one... I keep the car very very clean and tidy on the inside. Today on the way to work I found a piece of cardboard (part of a box off a chicago town pizza) with a number on it. I've asked people who were in my car and nobody knows anything about it. I've passed the number onto the Guards anyway

Did you ring it?

Did you ring it?

Decided against it, let the Guards handle it. At the end of the day the number could have come from anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 14 pandaflop

i had first car wen i was 17 bout 3 years ago, loved it, as with all first cars.
    two weeks after buying the car i was in the front room and the dog barked, i looked out and there was someone pulling back the door, the car was on the kerp. i was out the door in a flash, called my father as i went, the f**ker heard my coming and tried to run but i caught him by the legs and dragged him down (cracked his nose of the ground!! :D )
    anyway my dad came running out with my brothers baseball bat and threaten to beat his head open. he turned out to be some scaldy bo**ix from up the road. not even 16. he cried and begged not to call the guards, but we did. by this time his parents had come down, his mother offered me 500 quid to let him off and the father was given all sorts of threats. the guards showed up and took ur man away and the family moved away within 6 months!!!!!!
    course he got off with a warning or something i dont know cos he was so young but they had to pay the damage cost, (which may have been over-valued)

victory stories are far and inbetween with stolen motors, so thot id share.

I got an alarm call from work tonight, alarm in the premises was going off so I had to scoot over, round 1am there.

When I got back a lad bolted from a badly parked Polo(a '95 6n Polo), he was trying to nick it so I called the Guards. I went to my room and after 5 minutes yer man was back pushing the Polo away so I called the Guards again and I went to try take a pic of said car thief but he ducked when my flash went (I was far enough away to make a good headstart and in my running gear if he pulled a weapon) As I was taking pic number 2 the Guards pulled up in a van and caught the scummer.

So one of Dublins fine car thieves is now winging his way to my local Garda Station. I asked the Guard that took my details to give him a good kicking so here's hoping

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Michael 09

My first car was stolen... it's the most frustrating thing in the world... it was found upside down in a near by field. Luckily I didn't hear them at the time because as you said Onkle, god knows what you'd do to them if you got your hands on them!

Glad you caught the scumbag anyway and hopefully he "walks into some doors" in the garda station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 eastmeath

Our house was broken into 2 weeks ago, at 4am (complete daylight, through the front door with 18 houses overlooking them). DH had heard noises though and was half way down the stairs as the front door opened - thankfully the two f*ckers legged it. Gardai reckon they were after the car. We used to take the keys up to bed every night. Not anymore. First Garda pointed out that the insurance co. can replace our car but can do nothing for our fractured skull. Fingerprint guy recommended leaving keys on the kitchen table - 'if they're in that far then don't make it any harder' etc. etc. So, we leave the car keys in a bowl on the kitchen table in an effort not to have them climb the stairs as we sleep (not that we do sleep any more).

Problem for us is, we've been warned if our car is 'on order' then they may well be back. We've upped our game on all door locks, plus internal locks etc. etc. We've put a Disklok on the steering wheel (a full cover over the steering wheel) and I bought an etching kit on eBay for £15 and etched the reg no. onto all ten car windows - worked a dream - delighted with that in particular.

I have still fallen totally out of love with my prized possession though as I feel it has turned into a beacon attracting undesirables to my family. I'm gutted. It's 5 years old, and we bought it secondhand (it's an X3) - so it's not even worth much and it's a 2l, so you'd push it up the road faster but I like it.

Not sure what else I can do on the security front. Ooh, we've also started blocking it into the driveway (between house and wall) with our Skoda Roomster (so they'd have to move it first).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

Jesus thats a sh*t situation to be in, its not fair that these "people"
    can make you want to give up your car, had car's robbed and attempt
    robbies done also, but since i got a total steering lock on the car,
    i've being left alone. Don't give up. Love the Old Skool Xr3's. Have
    one and an XR3i down home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

@eastmeath,

Sounds like you've made it next to impossible for them to steal it now, they will always pick the easy one to go for so the harder you make it the better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

Eastmeath makes a good point.
    Most of these car thieves out there can't get round sophisticated car alarms or the like.
    They either go for cars with no security or they try to steal the keys out of houses.
    There was a gang going round the cousin's estate recently stealing keys out of houses.
    The Gardaí caught them red handed with a fishing pole shoved inside a letter box with a hook on the end.
    Don't ever leave car keys on show inside your house.
    I sleep with mine under my pillow :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭metzengerstein

thats really s**te,had my 1st car broken into they tok the stereo my hoodie and 20c that was on the floor pack of scumbag knackers ,the car was in a secure car park in an apartment building also ,

a frend was telling me their neighbours car was been broken into a while back ,there where about 6 of them one youngwan and some guys the youngwan was in her pyjamas and all shouting at them how to do it they where then chased away and caught by the gaurds nice set of fingerprints to match and they did another car same night so a 2nd charge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

I had my car lifted some years ago. It was gone for two weeks before the cops found it. I had several grands worth of tools in the boot, and to my amazement they were still there. The cops were of the opinion that someone had stolen it simply to get home from the pub.

It didn't have an immobiliser, and I learned the lesson. My car now has an external as well as an internal immobiliser. The external one is about four feet long and has a wooden handle;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

i have been blessed over the years... havent lost one yet....

feckin scum should be shot

Advertisement