Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

car scrap yard athlone

Options
  • 01-06-2010 4:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭

hi guys looking for a bit of help here ,joe devery has a scrap yard in athlone on the ballykeeran road and i am looking for a phone number to contact him , i have 0906 6478636 which for some reason is not a connected line , a mobile number would to brilliant so thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

Remove the first 6 i.e. 090-64xxxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭kasper

thanks a million

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Bracken in Ballycumber has alot of cars too.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭sirrah

Also Cahills of Ballyjamesduff, what parts you after??

thanks guys the car is twenty five years old and the chap in athlone had one but not the right model for me , the car is a 1985 renault 9

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭athlonelad

kasper wrote: »
    the car is a 1985 renault 9
    would you not just leave the car there!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭stylers

most of the old stuff is gone from scrapyards now, so finding anything in them is prob a matter of pure luck. you could try a post on octane.ie to see if anyone would have something or know of a car somewhere. there are a few french enthusiasts there. alternatively put an add in the Irish vintage magazine..

I aggree with stylers most if not all of the scrapyards crush the older cars cos they're worth more to them crushed. An ad in the Irish vintage scene mag or ask them on they're Facebook page try this link www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Irish-Vintage-Scene/300020824286?ref=ts. Do you go to any of the classic car shows, what bits are you after or is it a whole car???:cool:

athlonelad wrote: »
    would you not just leave the car there!

Don't be sooo mean athlonelad we all have our vices :rolleyes:

car needs very little the seats are in bad condition headlamp cracked other small things , the car has had one driver from new and i like it . my other cars are older

• Advertisement

What other cars you got??:cool:

well i got a 1981 renault 18 needs a lot of work ,and then the old austin maxi it doesnt need anything much bar petrol and usual service items

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭athlonelad

sirrah wrote: »
    Don't be sooo mean athlonelad we all have our vices :rolleyes:
    ah im only pulling the piss!!! ive an auld beetle from the 70's myself and dont like anyone trying to slag me off either!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Yea, i dont think you're going to find that in a scrap yard as its past the scrap sell by date too.

Id put an ad in auto enthusiast circles.

Best of luck.. im off to learn how to spell enthuasist now :pac:

thanks for that but the reason i needed to contact them is because they had one but thanks all the same

I'm on the road quite a bit & will keep my eyes peeled if see something I'll be on to ya :cool:

I've got my hands on a Renault 5 5 door, a 1986 polo estate body 3 door, Merc 190, :cool:

Hi Kasper just got a 1985 Renault 9/11?? Yesterday if you're still after bits;)

hi ,where abouts are you ? could you pm me your number so i could get more details ?

Not very good for business, are these the guys in the Blyry Industrial estate Euro car parts??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 cathla 75

in the blyry estate alright. At the back on left, there may be other dealers in the estate, I don't know. TryParts is sign over the door.

Ok will keep an eye out for them, if you're looking for parts try midland car parts on adverts

Advertisement