Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Requesting/Finding infraction/ban history

Options
  • 01-06-2010 7:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭

Is there a way for users to locate where/why they are banned from forums on the board?

I'd be also interested in seeing an infraction history for myself aswell as banned forums.

I noticed a few forums I went to try browse today wouldn't let me. I assume they have gone private however it could easily be a ban ( unlikely as these forums i just browse and read)

Any information would be aprpeciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

There's no way for a member to see a list of active bans, though these days a message gets sent to the member including all details so we've improved a bit in the past few years.

You've currently got three bans in place: Personal Issues, FS Mobiles (which isn't used any more) and adverts.ie. All of these bans are in place since before the current backend software was used so there aren't any details in the system as to why. If these aren't the forums you're thinking of then it's certainly a case that they've gone private.

As for infraction history, if you click on your own profile (click your name on the left of the post you made above, then click "View Public Profile" in the dropdown menu), there's an Infractions tab you can see with a complete list. Only you and moderators can see infractions that have expired. Generally they expire after ten days, though not always if the offence is deemed severe.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Cheers for the response.

Adverts.ie you say, I'm still able to post in that section, and dont remember ever getting a ban.

Anyways cheers, I pm'd a few moderators of the boards in question and it turns out they all became obsolete and were disolved, but still show up on some moderators list of modded forums.

Sorted anyway ;)

Advertisement