Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good Cheap Mouse

• 01-06-2010 10:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭

First off, sorry if its in the wrong thread and feel free to move.

Just wondering can anybody recommend a good reasonably priced mouse, preferably wireless or Bluetooth though jot essential.

I bought a kensington wireless mouse for about 15quid a few months back, but its fairly crappy. It struggled to move left or right smoothly at times. Then I stopped using it for a few weeks and when I turned it on again it wouldn't move st all. Only the track wheel and buttons worked.

I have a laptop which I occasionally use for gaming, hut starting to get finger cramps from using the mouse pad!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Unfortunately thats a contradiction in terms. You can pick good or cheap, not both.

Forget wireless, on a budget focus on the actual performance rather than luxuries. Look for a MS Sidewinder or Logi G3/4/5...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭floggg

Thanks for the feedback.

What would you consider to be a reasonable price to pay for a good wireless mouse out of curiosity?

Also, where would one pick up a sidewinder in the city centre (graft st area preferably)

I found the mx620 to be very competant and was 35 in pcworld, think it was on sale though.

Got my X3 for 45 IIRC in peats. They've got stores all over but the biggest is Parnell St(In behind Jervis).
    microsoft-sidewinder-x3-gaming-mouse.jpg

For wireless you'll wanna spend consider at least 50, and to get the same DPI a bit more. Mine is 2000 but 1600 is fine.

Also, forgot to say Laser>Optical

This could be good: http://elara.ie/products/detailsfullat.asp?productcode=MME2226785#spec
    But they dont specify DPI. Its Logitech though so it should be reasonably good.

DPI?

Is that laser mouse specific? I presume the higher the better.

The kensington one I got was optical (as best I can tell) so will be staying away from those.

• Advertisement

Its similar to Megapixels on a camera. The more the better(the more accurate your movements will be). Sensitivity buttons are great too(see top of my mouse above).

What kind of games you play?

Sorry for all the questions but up to recently kind of just thought all mice were created equal.

What is an acceptable range for DPI on a mouse, whether world or not? Just to add that I'd generally be using it for strategy type games if at all, rather than any fast paved action stuff, so it doesn't need to be uber responsive as long as it generally points at what I want it to and track fairly smoothly.

RTS games arent as intensive. I'd be looking for 1200DPI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 134 ✭✭simoniz

Try search on Elara or komplett .ie

Advertisement