Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick on Match day

Options
  • 01-06-2010 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

Heading to ireland match on friday night and had a few questions about limerick on those nights, which, if anyone could answer would be great.

Was thinking of taking the park and ride from kilmurry lodge as i'll be staying the night out there, but was wondering how long it normaly takes to get back there after the match.
    I was also planning on heading to town too, maybe nancy's or costello's, and was wondering would it even be worth goin back towards kilmurry or should i head straight for the town!
    I dont want to get stuck in traffic sitting in the park and ride bus and then not be able to get a taxi into town/town already being packed, but then again i dont really want to be spend 4-5hours in pubs waiting for them to close, as i know, the others with me wont leave till the end of the night?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

Walk from thomond park to town after match takes about 1/2 hour. (walking no traffic jams)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Definately head straight into town after the match. Should only take about 15/20 mins to walk from Thomand Park into the city centre. Don't see the point in going all the way out to the Kilmurry and then back into town. The traffic will be heavy out of the city in that direction as alot of people still park on Clare Street and walk from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Walk from thomond park to town after match takes about 1/2 hour. (walking no traffic jams)

:eek:

Not if you have more than one leg it doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭JoJo_27

Walk into town after the match, no point sitting on a bus to Castletroy and loads of people will be heading straight from the match to the pub. You could take a pitstop at the Ardu, a nice bar at the Clarion Suites on the Ennis Road. It makes a nice alternative to town or just a pitstop en route. You'll get a taxi easy enough later on to get back to the hotel. Enjoy :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭dave 27

also id recommend going to claws maybe an hour-an hour and a half before the match to soak in the atmosphere, nothing says pre match drinks like there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭whitey21

thanks guys!
    was just curious since the match will be over shortly after 9 and normally i wouldnt head out till after 11ish, i was just wonderin what would be the best thing to do between those time (just go to town/go back to hotel)

thanks again

aw man stay in town, you wont experience many match days like it in Ireland (at least for heineken cup anyway). I wouldnt head to costelloes or places like that first, go to dolans or claws or smyths after the match until u want to head to wherever u go usually, town should be buzzing afterwards

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭whitey21

dave 27 wrote: »
    aw man stay in town, you wont experience many match days like it in Ireland

Cool!!! thats what i like to hear!!!

I'll be headin into town right after the game now!!! Hope the place is buzzin alright!! Might try to get the clohessy alright for one before the game too!!!

whitey21 wrote: »
    Cool!!! thats what i like to hear!!!

I'll be headin into town right after the game now!!! Hope the place is buzzin alright!! Might try to get the clohessy alright for one before the game too!!!

right job, might as well experience what its like, lets hope its the same as heineken cup night and people wont head home straight away! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Wheelsonthebus

Head straight to town, no point in going back to Castletroy.

Should be a nice night weather wise, so perfect to stop into a few pubs on the way back to town. The Curragower usually has a bbq etc. The Ardu is really nice. Follow the crowd really. Even hover around Thomond Park for one or two if you want to let the crowd die down- usually a good atmosphere in the two clubhouses for a good few hours after the match. Takes about 15 minutes to get into town from there. Usually a load of taxis line up outside thomond park after the bulk of the crowd has dispersed to take you in if you feel a bit wobbly on the legs.

Plenty of pubs in town and no hassle regarding wearing rugby gear etc. They are well used to it, so no need for the change. Always a great atmosphere in Limerick when there's a match on and when the weather is good it's even better.

• Advertisement
Advertisement