Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving Credit Card balance.

Options
  • 01-06-2010 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to transfer my credit card balance to a new company so I can get a better deal, 0% hopefully. So I was just wondering is it an easy process or is it complicated to the point of it almost not being worth it. Also is there a web site which compares rates and terms etc...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭jockey#1

Its not a difficult process as such but from experience credit card companies are becoming more and more selective. I had a Halifax credit card, as you know they are shutting up shop. I tried three different companies and none of them wanted to help me.

I got my ICB credit report last week and there is nothing wrong with it, all payments up to date, loans paid off etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭gears

My credit report will be fine so hopefully it will be an easy process but are MBNA and Tesco the only ones offering 0% on balance transfers, I'd prefer to go with a mainstream provider (Bank) if at all possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

Some other introductory offers on credit cards here - PTSB are also offering 0%

Advertisement