Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hons Maths Proofs

Options
  • 01-06-2010 11:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

What are you predictions for Maths this year?

I was thinking Factor Theorem, Addition, Product, Quotient Rules and Cosx/sinx from first principles.

For Paper 2 I was thinking the Cosine rule, Cos (A+B) or maybe Difference Equations

I heard this year there will be lots of proofs seen as we don't need to learn formulas anymore, any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭!?!

where did you hear that about lots of proofs? I don't know any yet! and apparently the quotient rule isn't coming up and neither is a proof on the circle...:D the factor theorem is pretty likely as it came up on two mock papers...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

In fact has the quotient rule proof ever come up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 TurkishNeon

alan4cult wrote: »
    In fact has the quotient rule proof ever come up?
    I don't think so. So do you think it'll never come up or that it is likely to come up??

Advertisement