Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby on train

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭bogtotty

How old is your baby Colm?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,421 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I don't have one. :) Its a general question. My friend's baby is a few months old.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I do it every day!
    A baby is so easy to mind on a train a toddler isn't!
    you need the wheel chair carriage on the new trains,on commuter ones it is always the 1st or last and then you have plenty of parking space:)
    on the long distance ones we are only familiar with the cork one but same thing goes,try book a seat at the end of a wheelchair carriage so there is buggy room.
    Remember they are not entitled to a seat so no room for car seats etc with out buggy.
    it is mostly pleasant:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

I travelled a fair bit on the train with my daughter when she was an infant.

I always tried to get a train that wouldn't be too packed so I could use a seat without bothering anyone. I had a travel system so used to have her in the car seat and on the seat next to me. If it were a longer journey I'd take her out now and then for a while and hold her.

To be honest, I don't think a child has to have a car seat for a train journey, after all, trains don't have seat belts.
    I'd store the buggy in the luggage compartment.

Usually someone would help me when I was getting off the train (the old trains weren't exactly buggy friendly).

I wouldn't use a weelchair space for a buggy as a matter of principle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

I've done it a few times and it's fairly easy.

I carried her in a sling and she fed or slept or looked around for most of the trip. When she got cranky, I took her to the space by the doors to walk her to sleep, she seemed to find the safety notices and lights there really mesmerising while she was nodding off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 kia123

used to go up to Belfast on the Train with my 1st when she was a baby..

Pay the extra & go first class - this means you can reserve your seat & usually board quicker than economy class - ask for help at the info desk & someone will take extra baggage for you...

Many times I had the block of 4seats to myself as alot of passengers dont want to sit next to someone with a baby - worked very much to my advantage - never had a stressful train journey.

Advertisement