Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plan to cut down trees in Cahir Square

Options
  • 01-06-2010 12:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭

I just read this snippet on Tipp FM's news page. Does anyone have any details? I think it's ridiculous that the trees have to go. Any architect worth his or her salt should be able to integrate the trees with whatever new plans have been drawn up. Why in this country is the only good tree a cut-down tree? We have a very flawed attitude to trees in Ireland. Maybe that's why so many of our towns are horrible looking. No greenery. Just grey buildings and cracked pavements.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Pat65

As far as I know the proposals for the Square can be viewed at the Library in Cahir. There's also a suggestion box. Apparently the plans are drawing quite a lot of negative comments from locals. Which comes as no surprise.

Pat

Advertisement