Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can I edit a photo

Options
  • 01-06-2010 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭

Hi -
    I want to make a photograph with the head of one person and the body of another .

Anyone here be able to explain how .

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

I'm assuming you don't have photoshop :)

If you're doing it for comic effect you can use MS Paint. Go to your photo...
    • Open image
    • Right click on image
    • Select Edit
    • Once the Paint program has opened press Ctrl and A to select the entire image, then press Ctrl and C to copy it.
    • From the Image menu select Attributes, you will be prompted to adjust the width and height of the image. In each field double the number already present. Click OK.
    • Right click on the image and select paste.
    • Left click and drag the copy of the original image to the new blank area you've created.
    • There is an star-shaped icon at the top left of the screen. This is the Free-Form Select tool. Click it.
    • Move the pointer to the head you wish to swap and trace around the head area you want to overlay on to the original.
    • When you're done tracing simply drag the head to its destination.
    • If at this point you're done, go to the Image menu and select Attributes. Change each number to half of what it was. Click OK.
    • Save your image.

My 60 second effort:

Image Source

Original:
    118533248_a4402712df_o.jpg

Heads Swapped:

attachment.php?attachmentid=115728&d=1275433717

The opus in progress:

attachment.php?attachmentid=115729&d=1275433731

If you're just trying to be funny, like put your mate's head on some comically mismatched body, it's easy. If you want it to be more convincing (and assuming you don't have Photoshop or something) then use the biggest image you can get, and be very precise with your tracing. You can enlarge the image too to give yourself more room for mistakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

FTGFOP wrote: »
    I'm assuming you don't have photoshop :)

What's the quickest way with Photoshop? tks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Thats brilliant - I have Paint-Shop Pro and I have photoshop cs but dont know how to use it

Am gonna try now -

It is only for a laugh and need'nt be too professional , but still I dont want a square head , and would like to just extract the head only ..................if u know what i mean

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Use the magic wand tool and adjust the sensitivity "to taste". Then create new layer from background and delete the white.

Now Paste into other photo.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Forget the tragic wand. The magnetic lasso tool is ideal for selecting heads.

Advertisement