Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lisbon Beaches, Portugal

Options
  • 01-06-2010 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Just looking for some advice regarding beaches and coastal villages near Lisbon. We 're staying in Lisbon for a week in July and are hoping to break it up with a stay for a few nights on the coast but can't decide whether to stay in Cascais or Estoril? We're a young couple so would like to hang out at the beach during the day and some nice restaurants or bars in the evening. Can anyone suggest which place is better or even if there's somewhere nicer to go?! Thanks!:)

Comments

Cascais is lovely actually.
    The sandy part of the beach/cove is small.though.
    There are a lot of bars and restaurants nearby.

Do stay in Lisbon for a couple of nights -maybe around the biarro alto area.
    Many many lively pubs along tiny narrow streets.
    The city is best on saturday night,it dies on sunday night in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Unshelved

+1 on Caiscais. Very easy to get to from Lisbon on the train too. We found that the further you go towards the Estoril side of the beach, the nicer the beach was (plus the bars were cheaper). There's a brilliant restaurant in Caiscais that does roast chicken (does other stuff too but the chicken is fantastic) and there's also the best ice-cream shop that I've ever been in.

Going south from Lisbon I've heard that Seisimbra and Arrabida are also beautiful - but I've never been there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

+1 to Barrio Alto

i loved Sintra when i was there, no beach there mind you

Advertisement