Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegan hair gel?

Options
  • 01-06-2010 1:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭

I don't know if this is the right forum for this question but I'll give it a go. I'm looking for readily available mens hair gel (or mousse or wax) that hasn't been tested on animals. I want to just go into a shop or supermarket like Tescos and buy it rather than order it online. Anyone know of such a product? I've looked online but all I can find are weird American companies that I've never heard of or things like Body Shop which aren't available where I live.

Until this morning I was a man with long hair but I decided to get it cut. I already feel I look ridiculous with short hair but it's going to look even worse without gel. I really don't want to use anything that has been tested on animals but I don't want to look like a total buffoon with frizzy hair either. I'm rambling now but that's what I do when I'm worried about looking like a total moron with bad hair.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I don't know where you're located, but if you can get to a Lush store all of the hair gels they have are Vegan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Gauge wrote: »
    I don't know where you're located, but if you can get to a Lush store all of the hair gels they have are Vegan.

I forgot to mention I'm in carlow. There's a pretty crappy range of vegan or vegetarian products here. I'll see if I can find anything by Lush in a chemist or supermarket though. Thanks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

I was in a similar position around 3 years ago when I got my own long hair cut to short...found that Lush really do have decent stuff, but you wont be able to buy it in a supermarket or chemist as they only sell online or through their bricks and mortar stores:(

Luckily I'm in Dublin so can walk to one of them, but it may be better for you to order online if the 1hr train journey to Dublin is not on the cards and you can stock up:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Gauge wrote: »
    +1 on this. I was chatting to a Lush store assistant about this at the weekend. The gels looked lovely. Maybe you know someone who would be travelling from Dublin to Carlow? Or maybe Cork to Carlow. It really would be as easy as them just asking for a shower gel in Lush. Personally, I have travelled far and wide, and done the internet ordering thing just to get vegan products to try/use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭laurashambles

The Sam McCauly's near Superquinn has a small Body Shop consession stand. Been a while since I got anything there, but might be worth a look?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭miss5

I think if at all possible you should try and stick with lush, Their online
    service is good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I found something in a natural health shop here. It's Jason hair wax. Unfortunately it contains beeswax which I didn't notice until I had bought it. I'm a vegetarian and not a vegan but I'd prefer to avoid animal (and insect) products wherever possible so I'll keep looking out for Lush. Thanks for the replies.
    The Sam McCauly's near Superquinn has a small Body Shop consession stand. Been a while since I got anything there, but might be worth a look?

Thanks. I did try there but the range is tiny. They don't seem to have much besides womens skin care products.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭overmantle

Wow. I never even considered a question like this. Must be on the lookout in future. There was a company some years ago through which I used to order stuff so must look up their details again. Thanks.

Advertisement