Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fridge tripping circuit

Options
  • 01-06-2010 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Since we moved, about a year ago the fridge we brought from the old house has been tripping itself, I've used the one supplied in the house as a quick-fix, but I'm looking to get this one up and running again.

Basically, when you plug it in, it trips after maybe a couple of hours/minutes, really depends. If you try to flip the circuit it just keeps on tripping itself simultaneously.

The fridge is probably 6 years old, but it's in good condition. It's a Neff Fresh Centre American style fridge with an ice maker.

I've heard that it might have been the move that set it out of sync, it was upside down but any ideas to might be what's wrong with it/what needs to be replaced?

Thank you,

Kevin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Heat exchange pump could be iffy. Fridges tend to be temperamental when they are moved for a while. especially if you had it upside down, it certainly wouldn't help

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

Heat exchange pump could be iffy. Fridges tend to be temperamental when they are moved for a while. especially if you had it upside down, it certainly wouldn't help

Thanks for your reply.

Is there any indefinite test to confirm if it is the heat exchange pump, or am I better calling in an expert (if so, is it a standard electrician I need?)

cheers,

Kevin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

In my honest opinion, you won't get anyone to fix it. Its a throw away society we live in, and especially as the unit is 6 years old. My brother had a 6 moth old chest freezer that the gas went in it, it was replaced and not repaired.

It could be a fault in the motor when a certain circuit is engaged. I doubt it'll be a general electrician type. would need to be an appliance repairman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

In my honest opinion, you won't get anyone to fix it. Its a throw away society we live in, and especially as the unit is 6 years old. My brother had a 6 moth old chest freezer that the gas went in it, it was replaced and not repaired.

It could be a fault in the motor when a certain circuit is engaged. I doubt it'll be a general electrician type. would need to be an appliance repairman

It's a massive fridge, probably cost a couple of grand new so not really the throw away type.

Thanks for your recommendation, I'll have a look for an appliance repairman.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,591 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Neff are a very good make. I am sure that they will fix it for you. Get in touch with the supplier.

• Advertisement
Advertisement