Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what do you think?

• 01-06-2010 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

what do you think about this dress?
    http://www.awear.com/Eclectic-Paradise-Collection/Blue-Eclectic-Print-Maxi-Dress/invt/10400985blue
    its my friends 21st and i want to get a new dress. I am not very good when it comes to clothes, i am size 12 and about 5ft 5 you think this will suits me?

Thanks

It's a nice dress and the colour is good (though I'm biased because I like blue!), but I don't really like the length at the front. While it can suit some people, it may 'cut' people's height and make you appear shorter or may draw emphasis to your ankles (not necessarily a bad thing, but some people don't like it).

If the dress was as long as at the back I'd say go for it, no problem, but the fact that it's shorter doesn't do it for me.

What about something like this instead? I know it's black, but the fact that it's the same length all the way around and floats at the bottom could help you appear taller? And a bolero or cardi on the shoulders could look nice, too, if you didn't want to show your shoulders/arms.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭miss5

I think you would probably get a much better response in fashion and appearance.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Moved here. Better bet I reckon.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭miss5

The dress is really lovely, It would look great with a nice hair piece and clutch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭abrr1000

It depends what shoes and accessories you are going to wear with it.
    I think with nice beaded gladiator sandals and lots of bangle bracelets it will look gorgeous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Me Me

I think the blue one is cool:)be nice with a few gold pieces maybe, gladiator sandals would be lovely with it:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement