Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Left 4 Dead 2: Anyone here play?

Options
  • 01-06-2010 2:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭

Just looking to find some people to play with, really, since Left 4 Dead 2 is the kind of game that's a hell of a lot more fun when there's people to actually communicate with.

Does anyone know of any Irish/UK based websites to find other people to play with?

EDIT: I'm PC only. The account I play on (add: visco100) is split between myself and another person, if it's me I'll be playing under "that girl" or "liah," but the other person's friendly enough to play with and just plays under visco. Neither of us bite!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,156 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I used to play it a decent bit with a few guys from boards, not so much now. I wouldnt mind getting back into it, sure add me on steam (witnessmenow) and send me message if your playing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

I tend to play quite a bit, Steam Name is Bolaeisk (click on the steam picture in my sig for a direct link :) )

I play with a good group from an English forum, overclockers.co.uk but I always think it a shame that I don't play with more Irish people yet there just doesn't seem to be that many around.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I bought this, and then never played it. Not really sure why. Should probably give it a go. Also, check out the Boards.ie Steam group (click Community, thensearch for boards.ie). Handy way of telling who's playing what.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Gaunty

I used to play this a lot until recently. I got bored of playing in silence then though as my mates stopped playing. If a group off here started playing i'm up for games anytime i'm on. :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I play now and again, not too often, just on ocassions. My steam is suicidalsid (my old screen name before it got banned on a lot of servers :pac:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

liah I play the PC version on the odd occasion. If you are Xbox you might be better asking in the xbox console forum.
    Otherwise my steam id is JuMpArOuNd (I only added in the way the alternating caps so you know its me, its a leftover from my 1337 days)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

I play
    I find people usually speak english in the games anyway.
    Join games via the lobby, and join teams which have Irish/British players...you can often tell.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,478 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I do on Xbox, although not as much as I'd like (too many games, too little time). New mutation sounds fun I must say, have to give it a quick whirl. I actively await the release of this and Team Fortress 2 on Mac though so I'll finally have a computer powerful enough to play them properly. This is Valve though, so it's naturally taking longer than it should :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Used to play an awful lot, on both platforms, but I'm lapsed. So little free time :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Should've specified PC, I keep forgetting people actually play FPS on consoles..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

L4d only attracts me when im drinking at my computer, really odd, can only stomach that game every few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

liah wrote: »
    Should've specified PC, I keep forgetting people actually play FPS on consoles..

Kinda guessed it was PC as you've a Steam link in your sig :p

As for the others though, can only add witnessmenow, the rest of the names either don't work or haven't even been provided.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'd be down for some games after I've done the leaving. I still enjoy playing it, I play it single player the odd time cause sometimes randomers make me die a little inside. steam id is pykdenny if anyone wants to add me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

liah wrote: »

They're not really people.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I play with a few of my clanmates, only versus though.
    And with Si and Marshbaboon (2 irish lads) when they're on, but the point of them games is to make the other team rage :P

Steam : CTASeantheMan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 blottedchimp

I don't bother playing any L4D without friends as strangers are usually incompetent fools!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I don't bother playing any L4D without friends as strangers are usually incompetent fools!
    Oh definitely. I play vs with some friends from the UK and the US every so often, the 8 of us are usually on Ventrilo so we can chat to/insult each other. One time 4 of us went against randomers, one of them was determined to screw his own team over it seemed, he was always taking the long way to do things, and getting incapped as a result. I think they ended up kicking him...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 blottedchimp

... and then they rage quit! -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Gaw_

I play on Steam on a fairly regular basis, will start playing alot more now though. Usually play versus or the mutation. We always have 3 people (myself and two brothers from Belfast) but are always desperate for a good 4th :P

Add my steam if you have a mic and up for a good laugh, steam is force2_eu

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I play with a few of my clanmates, only versus though.
    And with Si and Marshbaboon (2 irish lads) when they're on, but the point of them games is to make the other team rage :P

Steam : CTASeantheMan

That's at least half the fun.

• Advertisement

Hilarious example of pub idocy; was playing Chainsaw Massacre, one person on the team kept running off, startling witches that were easily avoided, FFing every few seconds, and generally making a nuisance of themselves. So, one time they got incapped, we just watched them. Wouldn't pick them up, they started going haywire in the chat, and ragequit. If they wanted help, maybe they should have played like a team member, not someone that wanted to drive a chainsaw into your back cause they can't tell the difference between Coach and a zombie.

added you there, Im FunCooker! on steam (30 rock infatuation)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Me and a couple of lads usually get some games going.
    Must reinstall it again since I redone the PC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

I put 200+ hours into the first L4D, but hardly any time at all into the sequel. Might try to remedy that if I can sort out a new GPU in the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

I put 200+ hours into the first L4D, but hardly any time at all into the sequel. Might try to remedy that if I can sort out a new GPU in the next few weeks.
    It's well worth it. I was a big fan of the original on the PC and I think that the sequel is a big improvement in many ways. My PC is no longer able to play games but I play the two player splitscreen on the Xbox with my sister and we have a riot every single time we fire it up. In terms of value for money, the left4dead games are right up there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

Marshbaboon - feel free to add me.

We can talk about Jesus, as long as you don't say anything racist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Kiith wrote: »
    I bought this, and then never played it. Not really sure why. Should probably give it a go. Also, check out the Boards.ie Steam group (click Community, thensearch for boards.ie). Handy way of telling who's playing what.

You should start playing it, it's good craic for an hour or so.

PM sent Liah. I play it from time to time with some others around Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,318 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

i really didnt find it as good as the first. the campaigns took out the fear of the original and just added stress in its placed. I never feel like "crap im gonna die im gonna die" its more like "sigh what now."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Is there any chance of a having a general "Are you up for a game of..." thread/ sticky? It could be very handy for organising informal on-line action.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Easy game once you figure out all the insta death spots for the Charger.

My personal favorite being the roof of the burger tank.

Advertisement