Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car moving in The states.

Options
  • 01-06-2010 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭

I heard something about being able to drive people's cars across the states while they're moving house. An old family friend did it a good while back and was wondering if anyone knew anything about it or how to do it?

Basically it saves you renting a car, and buying one doesn't really work for tourists, and you get to see the states and they get there car delivered. Apparently it's pretty popular so finding the right origins/destinations at the right time isn't all that hard, and even if you had to rent a car or whatever to get the the origin/destination it's still far cheaper.

I'm hopefully driving across the states next year so this would be pretty helpful!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

They are called driveaway companies. I was considering doing it from Vancouver to anywhere interesting in the States. I think the main problem is that there are generally more people registered to the companies than there are cars to drive. But if you are very flexible in where you can go, and when, you will have a good chance or getting on it.

Advertisement