Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fingers and toes crossed!

Options
  • 01-06-2010 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭

just submitted my application for partner migration there on saturday! 360 Who knew the didn't sell envelopes at the post office anymore?? 363320

best of luck to anyone else plotting their escape :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

just submitted my application for partner migration there on saturday! 360 Who knew the didn't sell envelopes at the post office anymore?? 363320

best of luck to anyone else plotting their escape :pac:

Goodluck

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭amybabes

good luck op, myself and my oh are doing a defacto 457 application this week too......stressful stuff! fingers and toes and everything else crossed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

hi guys. my gf is joining me here in oz later this month. we have been together for a good few years and were living together for a while before i came out here after gettin laid off at home. we didnt have any shared bank accounts or anything like that. we may consider staying on after the whv if one of us can get sponsored. can you guys give any advice to make the defacto application any easier if it comes to that in a years time. i think the shared bank account is a good place to start, anything else?

thanks

lg123 wrote: »
    hi guys. my gf is joining me here in oz later this month. we have been together for a good few years and were living together for a while before i came out here after gettin laid off at home. we didnt have any shared bank accounts or anything like that. we may consider staying on after the whv if one of us can get sponsored. can you guys give any advice to make the defacto application any easier if it comes to that in a years time. i think the shared bank account is a good place to start, anything else?

thanks

Both names on Rental Lease & Utility bills, 12 months worth and it should be straight forward.

Goodluck with finding a sponsor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

mandrake04 wrote: »
    Both names on Rental Lease & Utility bills, 12 months worth and it should be straight forward.

+1

I dunno about the de-facto part of the sponsorship visa, but if it's at all like the partner migration visa, then anything that helps show and prove you have a long and committed and continuing relationship should be added. Start saving for the cost, it cost more to apply from inside Aus than outside. Start digging out anything you have proving you have been together over the last few years, and start keeping any new stuff, like the utility bills, the bank details, any shared expenses, any wedding invitations, planned holidays together, photos.. There's things you shouldn't do until closer to the application date, like the police and garda clearances, as they will only be valid or 12 months.

best of luck though

• Advertisement

Here is a good thread on sponsorship & defacto

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055847976

Advertisement