Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physics Experiments

Options
  • 01-06-2010 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭

How likely are we to see some of the experiments that have never come p before this year like to show that a is proportional to f and variation of a thermistor with temperature ??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

Scoobydooo wrote: »
    How likely are we to see some of the experiments that have never come p before this year like to show that a is proportional to f and variation of a thermistor with temperature ??

The F proportional to A one is definitely one to look at for mechanics, but Conservation of Momentum, Boyle's Law and Equilibrium of Coplanar Forces are also likely!

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭ddef

only thing im sketchy about a prop. f is cause its so damn easy and its only ever shown on the ordinary paper (2iwce i think) in the past.
    coplaner forces lookin good tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 loocas

My Phys teacher claims to be often quite close to her guesses, and she put a Cadbury's Choccy Bar on:
    • Momentum OR F=ma
    • Latent Heat of vaporisation
    • Snells Law
    • Joules Law OR I-V graph

Most of the experiments aren't that tricky to word or lay out, it's always the graph (if there is one) that I mess up on :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Scoobydooo

loocas wrote: »
    My Phys teacher claims to be often quite close to her guesses, and she put a Cadbury's Choccy Bar on:
    • Momentum OR F=ma
    • Latent Heat of vaporisation
    • Snells Law
    • Joules Law OR I-V graph

Most of the experiments aren't that tricky to word or lay out, it's always the graph (if there is one) that I mess up on :mad:

What experiment is that ? Does she have any predictions for the long q's ?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 loocas

Sorry! Couldn't think of the name for it. It's the Ohm's Law experiment, Current against Voltage.

Not much on the long Q's as it's so broad. However, she has said she thinks a Q on centripetal force will come up, and then a long list of little bits to memorize for the Particle Physics, fundamental forces, pair annihilation and more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

Did to measure the wavelength of monochromatic light come up last year? That one comes up quite often.

Advertisement