Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scratch on Datejust Acrylic Crystal

• 01-06-2010 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi, I scratched the face on my Datejust, as its a vintage it has acrylic rather than sapphire crystal. Any tips on how to get the scratch out or should i have it replaced? And if so to replacing it should i get the sapphire fitted? I would have done this already but was told it effects the watch from being waterproof but i wouldnt dream of getting it wet either way.
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭hi5

The sapphire crystal is not interchangeable with the plastic ones.
    Try a little brasso on a cloth to polish it.
    Avoid the cyclops as it will distort the image if you polish too much off;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 henryhenry1

Thanks for the replys. Bought some Polywatch from ebay and its absolutely great stuff, the scratch wasnt the worst but is totally gone now and the face is perfect again :-)

Advertisement