Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eye Irration while surfing

Options
  • 01-06-2010 3:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Aright lads,

Ive been surfing a couple of months now and its deadly but i get pretty bad eye irration and after about 2 hours in the water im half blind, Im not sure if its glare or just the salt water , it happens on cloudy days also

Anyone else get it bad and if so what do you do about it? , cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

I used to have to rinse my eyes out after surf as the salt from the sea used to drive them wild.

Sand and sun screen only made it worse

So your options are ducking your head in a bowl of clean water after surf or get some eye wash

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭cue

I used to get this too, when I started, but it disappeared. Either I just got used to it or I don't spend as much time as I used to head-over-arse in whitewater. Either way, keep surfing. You'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Poster King

Agreed, you'll get used to it. I still get it some times if I haven't been in the water in ages, and it is usually worse on sunny days or if I'm hung over

• Registered Users Posts: 28 ruanaidh

Getting eye drops is worth while too. Nothing worse than heading out for the night after been surfing a few hours previously with big red eyes. People tend to usually flee from any sort of conversation you strike up as you tend to look well scuttered!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Cecil Mor

Or you could just harden the f*ck up Kook!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Soneca

Grand, thanks for the replies lads, whatever the f*** a kook is

Advertisement