Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Results are out in little over 24 hours

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭SmashingPilot

Good old UCD, paying for their mistakes. Thanks so much for the help, greatly appreciated. Now where's my gun!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Frisbee wrote: »
    When I appealed it it turned out they just never included the grade, which I got an A in, so my grade swung by like 65% or something.

WTF seriously? :confused: That's ridiculous yet, it doesn't suprise me, this is UCD after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

Quite possibly, that's why these were only the provisional results. you have a chance to appeal your grade and view your exam script.

I really suggest you do this as in second year I got an NG in a 70% CA part of a module. When I appealed it it turned out they just never included the grade, which I got an A in, so my grade swung by like 65% or something.

I didn't think you could appeal until the final results are out....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    WTF seriously? :confused: That's ridiculous yet, it doesn't suprise me, this is UCD after all.

I know, I knew something was wrong straight away though as I knew I'd done awesome in the CA component of the course.
    dyl10 wrote: »
    I didn't think you could appeal until the final results are out....

Nope you have to appeal before the final grades are released afaik so if your grade does change, it can be changed from the provisional mark to the final mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

Nope you have to appeal before the final grades are released afaik so if your grade does change, it can be changed from the provisional mark to the final mark.

I had to appeal within 30 days of the final results during Semester 1, I believe. Maybe they've different rules across disciplines.

• Advertisement

dyl10 wrote: »
    I had to appeal within 30 days of the final results during Semester 1, I believe. Maybe they've different rules across disciplines.

Maybe I'm mistaken then, tbh I haven't really looked at it in the last year so it's probably changed to what you said.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Finally done with UCD!! Its sort of bittersweet though. I'll miss the memories and some of my lecturers.

I can't help thinking if i'd actually given a damn in first year, I'd have managed a first, but it was only UCD arts so I don't think I'd be at any particular advantage if I had.

What have you other graduates got ahead of you?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Finally done with UCD!! Its sort of bittersweet though. I'll miss the memories and some of my lecturers.

I can't help thinking if i'd actually given a damn in first year, I'd have managed a first, but it was only UCD arts so I don't think I'd be at any particular advantage if I had.

I wish I had kept up my second year performance into final year:O Still got a very high 2.2, so happy with that, and have now found a masters course in sociology in ucd that I want to do. Won't be able to do it till 2011 though, so knowing my luck, it'll be gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Finishing my masters thesis and then looking for a job. There is not a hope in hell of me doing a PhD.

Find a job so I can stop working my crappy part time ones.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

Finishing my masters thesis and then looking for a job. There is not a hope in hell of me doing a PhD.

what you doing your thesis on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Oh hell yeah, 100% agreed. No way I'm spending another 2/3 years in that bleeding place.

Advertisement