Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So that's where my punctures are coming from...

• 01-06-2010 4:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭

Lately I've been getting a lot of punctures as, careful as I am, my tyres are getting embedded with glass all the time. I was wondering about why this has been happening so much lately, as I've been cycling in Dublin City and surrounds for 11 years now and it's never been this bad. Then yesterday, as I was cycling up Bolton Street I saw a Corporation worker sweeping up glass on the footpath. 'Good to see', I thought, until I got closer and saw that, instead of sweeping it into the dustpan thing he was holding in his other hand, he was sweeping it right into the bike lane. He even swept a load right out in front of me as I cycled by. All I could manage was a "For f***'s sake", because I was completely gobsmacked! Shocking stuff :eek::mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

cosmic wrote: »
    Lately I've been getting a lot of punctures as, careful as I am, my tyres are getting embedded with glass all the time. I was wondering about why this has been happening so much lately, as I've been cycling in Dublin City and surrounds for 11 years now and it's never been this bad. Then yesterday, as I was cycling up Bolton Street I saw a Corporation worker sweeping up glass on the footpath. 'Good to see', I thought, until I got closer and saw that, instead of sweeping it into the dustpan thing he was holding in his other hand, he was sweeping it right into the bike lane. He even swept a load right out in front of me as I cycled by. All I could manage was a "For f***'s sake", because I was completely gobsmacked! Shocking stuff :eek::mad:

what did dublin corporation have to say when you rang them ? .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

jwshooter wrote: »
    +1 i would of asked for his name or tried to spot a corp truck parked nearby and report him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

jwshooter wrote: »

The 2222222 number had me on hold for ages and I couldn't find a direct number for the pollution/litter people. I sent then an email earlier this evening though. We'll see...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Get "Marathon Plus" puncture resistant tyres, you'll get few to no punctures and never look back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

cosmic wrote: »
    Then yesterday, as I was cycling up Bolton Street I saw a Corporation worker sweeping up glass on the footpath.
    I'm afraid that was my glass, some little scrote smashed my car window there the other day.

• Advertisement
Advertisement