Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need your opinon of Ebuyer, and a question answered!

Options
  • 01-06-2010 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭

Ok, I want to know what are your experience of Ebuyer, as I plan to order from them soon (please refrain from suggesting other places).

Also, the question is: Do Ebuyer ship all of your order seperately? Or together in one large box?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I have ordered 4 PC components (Motherboard, GPU, PSU and RAM). They arrived in 2 boxes for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

I have ordered 4 PC components (Motherboard, GPU, PSU and RAM). They arrived in 2 boxes for me.

Did they all arrive at the exact same time? What is customer service like?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Did they all arrive at the exact same time? What is customer service like?

They arrived at the same time, yeah. Never had to deal with customer service, so I can't say :o

They arrived at the same time, yeah. Never had to deal with customer service, so I can't say :o

Alright, thanks for your help :D

Can't wait to order my build on the 13th.

Anyone else got more stories to share?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Haven't used their customer service, but I've ordered from them about 3 times. Very fast delivery. I ordered at something like 8-9 o'clock and was sent an email 20 minutes later saying my order was dispatched. Another time I didn't get the email*; I still got the delivery soon. Do they go to sleep at all?
    Their prices fluctuate quite a bit -just something to watch for. Sometimes quite a lot between days.

Another thing is that you have to use google checkout, unless you have an English credit card and/or address.

*I did actually get the email 6 months after I had got the items. Hmmm...:confused:

Monotype wrote: »
    Haven't used their customer service, but I've ordered from them about 3 times. Very fast delivery. I ordered at something like 8-9 o'clock and was sent an email 20 minutes later saying my order was dispatched. Another time wasn't quite as fast, but do they go to sleep at all?
    Their prices fluctuate quite a bit -just something to watch for. Sometimes quite a lot between days.

Another thing is that you have to use google checkout, unless you have an English credit card and/or address.

Ah, my I shall suggest to my parents that they use paypal for it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Ah, my I shall suggest to my parents that they use paypal for it then.

Oh that's good, I don't think they had paypal when I ordered from them. I don't like paypal that much, but google really don't need any more of my details!

Thanks, and I agree about Google, they already have enough of my parents and I's details.

Can anyone who has bought through Paypal with Ebuyer tell me what it is like?

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Carne

There's more info about ebuyer on this thread here

• Advertisement

Carne wrote: »
    There's more info about ebuyer on this thread here

Thanks, now I just need to know what buying with Paypal from them is like, I don't think my parents would want to set up a Google Checkout account.

Thanks, now I just need to know what buying with Paypal from them is like, I don't think my parents would want to set up a Google Checkout account.

Paypal doesn't work, I've tried it many times and it always fails unfortunately. I contacted eBuyer about it and they refuse to accept there is a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

What exactly do you mean? You simply go through the checkout process with ebuyer and it should direct you to a paypal link(as the paypment stage of the order) which you log into your paypal account, then follow the prompts(confirm the money ebuyer will receive) and then confirm the order. That should be it; no reason why it would be any different.

You probably never used paypal to buy something have you? Do you have an account?:)
    Carne wrote: »
    Paypal doesn't work, I've tried it many times and it always fails unfortunately. I contacted eBuyer about it and they refuse to accept there is a problem.
    Out of curiosity, is the email for your paypal the same email registered with the ebuyer account?

Out of curiosity, is the email for your paypal the same email registered with the ebuyer account?

Yes it is.

You probably never used paypal to buy something have you? Do you have an account?:)

Actually, I have several times, both with my own account and with my parent's (with their permission of course).
    I was asking did Paypal work on their site yet, as I've not heard much good about it.

Advertisement