Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Etape Hibernia

• 01-06-2010 4:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭

hi , does any one know of a closing date for entries for this event .

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 78,307 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I suspect there isn't one. The website simply indicates you need to register early because of limits on numbers. However most sportives never "sell-out" - I presume they have a relatively high limit given the roads will be closed. Also, given location and registration conditions (only on prior days) I suspect this may struggle to sell out - who knows, they may even end up allowing entry on the day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

I beg to differ, I wanted to do the W200 but its closed with no signups on the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Jumpy wrote: »
    I beg to differ, I wanted to do the W200 but its closed with no signups on the day.

You should join me! I'm looking to round up people for the "unofficial Wicklow 200".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    You should join me! I'm looking to round up people for the "unofficial Wicklow 200".

We should hire a taxi to carry the cake around for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

Thanks for remiding me I need to sign up for this....

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 78,307 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Jumpy wrote: »
    Didn't say they would allow it, simply said "who knows"

Difference with WW200 is they send out the pack in advance. With this ride you pick it up from a couple of days before (but not on the day itself, which I acknowledge suggests on the day entries may not be allowed)

They had 4,500 for the Etape Caledonia - at this level there's no way they will sell out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

if the weather was nice it would make a grand weekend away .the spin is not overly long so you would not be away all day .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Moflojo

Event is 50% full already, according to an email received last week. Not sure what the overall capacity is though.

It is being advertised quite heavily in the UK as far as I know, so I would imagine it will come close to selling out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭Magilla Gorilla

I booked accomodation last week. There's not a lot available in Ennis at this stage (at a decent price). If you're planning on making a weekend of it, best get to it....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Esroh

Have you seen the route changes. The Dolmen CC Forum has a link to Clare CoCo where they show the approved route. No Cliffs so having ridden up the last 2 years on the Tour de Burren I not going to get to freewheel back down.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Moflojo

Esroh wrote: »
    Have you seen the route changes. The Dolmen CC Forum has a link to Clare CoCo where they show the approved route. No Cliffs so having ridden up the last 2 years on the Tour de Burren I not going to get to freewheel back down.:)

Clare Co. Co. approved route can be found here on page 10 of the document. Official Etape Hibernia page does not show any changes to the route yet.

Not familiar with the alternative road, but they've taken at least one killer climb out of the race by avoiding the road out of Liscannor towards the cliffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭on_the_nickel

Just entered there. The application form is a bit off-putting to be honest.

The distance is in miles as it's an English company, your employer and job title are mandatory for some reason, I'd say they'll get some interesting responses there.

And then, for an extra €20, in addition to the €54 you're already forking out, you can buy a poxy Etape Caledonia t-shirt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

Just entered there. The application form is a bit off-putting to be honest.

The distance is in miles as it's an English company, your employer and job title are mandatory for some reason, I'd say they'll get some interesting responses there.

And then, for an extra €20, in addition to the €54 you're already forking out, you can buy a poxy Etape Caledonia t-shirt.

if it was a etape hibernia T shirt i would be tempted .;)

i tried ringing them today, all i got was a answering service .they are a management company .

sent them a e mail so hopefully will have more info tomorrow eve

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭WakeyTyke

At the launch of the Etape the organisers said that they had a limit of 2,000 cyclists for the first year, but if the demand was there they would be prepared to extended this to 2,500.

Advertisement