Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tower defense games

Options
  • 01-06-2010 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭

I stumbled across the excellent Defence Grid last year (only €7 on D2D), and I wonder if there any other similar titles that are worth checking out?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Plants vs Zombies

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

The Protector series on kongregate have killed many an hour (Protector 1/RTT/3)

They arent as sophisticated as some of the paid games but are fairly enjoyable and are most importantly FREE!

http://www.kongregate.com/games/undefined/protector-iii

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Plants vs Zombies

First one that came to mind. Promo vids on Youtube are great too!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Plants vs Zombies

*points at post*

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

element TD for wc3 is pretty solid too if you have warcraft 3 & the frozen throne

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Thanks for the links.

I was going to buy Defence Grid from D2D but after going through the normal process of setting up an account I'm informed that they have to phone me with a pin number. Is this usual?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,155 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

They did that for me too, Its just an automated person ringing you

They did that for me too, Its just an automated person ringing you

Yeah, I figured that it would be automated. I just find it to be a very odd system - one that is a little off putting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

I've spent too much time on this one.

http://arcade.itch.com/games/random-defense/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Can you get Toy Soldiers on the PC?

Its an excellent Tower Defense game on XBLA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

I stumbled across the excellent Defence Grid last year (only €7 on D2D), and I wonder if there any other similar titles that are worth checking out?

Yeah thought that was pretty cool too. Another one worth mentioning is geoDefence on the iPhone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I think some new DLC is coming out for Defense Grid over the next few weeks... Could be wrong but I remember reading something like that on Steam

Then again, I didn't think much of the Borderland DLC...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

From http://store.steampowered.com/news/3894/ :
    Defense Grid: Resurgence Map Pack 1 released
    Product Release - Valve
    09:22

The first premium expansion pack for the award-winning Defense Grid: The Awakening arrives to Steam today in the form of Defense Grid: Resurgence - a series of eight new highly polished and balanced maps from the original creators of the definitive tower defense game.

For four consecutive weeks starting on June 2nd, a new pair of maps will be released each week providing new environments and strategic experiences, requiring new ways of thinking to beat back the aliens and protect the cores.

Today's Map Pack 1 release includes two new challenging environments - Service Interruption and Height of Confusion. An obstructed road to the core housing gives the aliens a significant advantage in Service Interruption. Choose your towers wisely! Height of Confusion has a wide open surface, making for endless possibilities! Build anywhere you want in your defense of the power cores!
    Seems to be 99c in the US so that will probably be like 29.99 here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Drakar wrote: »

Seems to be 99c in the US so that will probably be like 29.99 here.

I think its gonna be pretty cheap here too.
    I saw on X360A.org thats its 80 or 100 ms points for it. So it will probably be around 99c on steam too.

Can't seem to order the Defense Grid DLC on Steam... "Your purchase could not be completed because it looks like you already own one of the games you are trying to buy. Please check your account and your cart to verify you are buying an item you do not already own."
    Anyone managed to buy it yet?

79p for each 2 maps seems decent enough to me!

/edit
    I was trying to buy the second pack, which isn't actually out yet... Durrr!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

cheers for the heads up. Yip I got the it for 89c. Feckin tough going :D

tman wrote: »
    Can't seem to order the Defense Grid DLC on Steam... "Your purchase could not be completed because it looks like you already own one of the games you are trying to buy. Please check your account and your cart to verify you are buying an item you do not already own."
    Anyone managed to buy it yet?

79p for each 2 maps seems decent enough to me!

/edit
    I was trying to buy the second pack, which isn't actually out yet... Durrr!

Yeah, it looks like there is no pre-purchase on the map-packs.

Yeah, it looks like there is no pre-purchase on the map-packs.

It kind of looks like they cocked up pack 2 though, when I tried to add it to the wishlist it showed up as the original defense grid rather than one of the map packs, which seems to be why I was getting the confusing message above instead of it just saying it isn't available yet...

Not too sure about the first 2 maps... Not a fan of big open spaces (even if it does provide a lot of scope for directing the enemies), and the other one is just plain annoying (way too much stuff getting in the path of your guns)

Advertisement