Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Price of train from Dublin to Castlebar Co. Mayo

• 01-06-2010 6:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I was wondering if anyone knows the price of this please? :) I tried the train website but no luck and the helpline is closed. I'm a student but even the adult price would give me a rough idea if anyone can help let me know.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

I was wondering if anyone knows the price of this please? :) I tried the train website but no luck and the helpline is closed. I'm a student but even the adult price would give me a rough idea if anyone can help let me know.

€25 single for the 5:27 train; €15 for the 7:37 and 13:37 trains and €10 for the 17:57 as per the website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Hamndegger wrote: »
    €25 single for the 5:27 train; €15 for the 7:37 and 13:37 trains and €10 for the 17:57 as per the website.
    these are prices for purchasing tickets online from the Irish rail website. Booking office tickets are usually much more expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Cool Mo D

foggy_lad wrote: »
    these are prices for purchasing tickets online from the Irish rail website. Booking office tickets are usually much more expensive.

They're not much more expensive - BUT - there are no discounted fares at the ticket office, and a single costs about the same as a return. So, if a non-discounted online single is €25 online, expect a return to cost around €50 from the ticket office, and a single to be not much less than that.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

http://www.aerarann.com

Dublin to Knock this week €33.59 inc taxes

next week it's €26.59

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Tis 49 return from Dublin to Claremorris via booking at the ticket office so it will be roughly that....definitely book online....

Ref Aer Arann times, used to use this regular on Fridays(folks live between Kilkelly and Knock), however getting to Castlebar is impossible by public transport at that time I think.....or 60 in a taxi!

Brgds
    Johnny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

Booking Office fares:
    Day Return EUR 34.50 (Mon-Thurs & Sat) / EUR 48.50 (Fri and Sun)
    5 Day Return EUR 48.50
    Monthly Return EUR 48.50
    Student Return EUR 35.00

Online Fares:
    From EUR 10 to EUR 25 one way depending on which train you select. So you can do it for EUR 20 return but it would have to be on off-peak trains.

Advertisement