If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stereo amp required.

Options
  • 01-06-2010 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭

Hello all at richer sounds.

Im looking for a stereo amp , specifically one that caters for being part of a surround system that will drive the two front speakers.

I would like an amp that specifically lets you cater for this , one that I have seen and heard in action is the Cambridge audio Azur 740A.
    (Gain can be fixed for any input so that the AV receiver controls volume.)

Can you tell me what amps you have that support this feature and prices please?

Thank You.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭andy1249

OK Ive limited it down and would like some quotes if possible?

Can you quote me on the following ,

Cambridge audio azur 740A Black
    Cambridge audio azur 840A Black

And if you have them

Marantz PM7003 Black
    Marantz PM8003 Black

Thank You.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Andy.

Thanks for the post and apologies for the delay.

The 740A is £499.95 and currently out of stock in the warehouse so I would need to check availability for you when they re-open as they don't work at 7:30 on a Thursday. :(

The 840 is £799.95 and this is in a similar situation for stock.

The PM7003 is £399.95 and I currently have this in stock.

The PM8003, I can do for £629.95 and out of all the ones you have mentioned, this would me my personal choice as I like the punchy sound that the Marantz provides. I have this in stock also.

As usual, we offer a pricebeat, so if you can get a better price anywhere else, please let me know.

All the best.

Dave

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.