Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orgasm causing Headache

Options
  • 01-06-2010 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭

Hi all.. Just wondering does anyone else suffer from headaches during and after orgasm? It has happened a few times, the latest one being chronic pain almost reducing me to tears. It's annoying to say the least as my girlfriend is afraid to touch me now because she thinks its her fault. I went to my GP and he detected nothing obvious after examination. He says it's common enough in men and usually rights itself. Anyone shed any light on this for me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

It's even got a name: post-coital cephalgia. Usually goes away by itself, and short term (?2 weeks) abstinence often helps in its resolution, so your gf has a point I'm afraid. I'd imagine many GP's would refer for a head CT scan just to make sure it's nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Yeah I had two episodes of it over the years, really fcuker it is. Anyway, I was albe to isolate it to a training programme I used to do to get me ready for desert marathons, the particular form of training I was doing played around with my blood pressure and the result was the above problem.

It's a sneaky devious fecker, hitting you when you least expect it. I remember speaking to a few GPs I work with who where saying it's common enough. Just keep going back to your doctor if it doesn't go.

Advertisement