Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a restaurant in Kilkenny?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭SilverSparkle

fabbydabby wrote: »
    Closed for reservations or closed for renovations?

I hate to see such a new business cease to trade so soon, but really, how many resturaunts are there in Kilkenny? Was there really a huge gap in the market for another?

Did I write reservations?? :confused:

Thanks for correcting it, I did indeed mean renovations!

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Glenalla

zootroid wrote: »
    I noticed that when I was there too, it's really off-putting.

I went there for the early bird, had pate to start, and the fillet steak. Steak was lovely, but it was served with cauliflower! They definitely could have thought of something better to serve it with.

Overall, it was good, but could certainly be better. I wouldn't be in a rush to go back there. I'd much prefer to try a few other restaurants that have been recommended.
    I have never seen a fillet steak served with cauliflower in Italy!!!!!!!! The reason we went was to have Italian cuisine unfortunately this was not the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭nhg

We went to Campagne for the early bird menu on sat evening, absolutely beautiful.... the place was packed at 6.00 pm on a saturday evening, we could'nt justify the full price menu though.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭SilverSparkle

nhg wrote: »
    We went to Campagne for the early bird menu on sat evening, absolutely beautiful.... the place was packed at 6.00 pm on a saturday evening, we could'nt justify the full price menu though.

I still have to check out Campagne! Might do it some day soon. Was it very overpriced?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭nhg

The early bird menu was very good value €29 for 3 course meal, most main courses on menu are between €20 & €30, they have a sample menu on their web site

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 AWD4

I think Kilkenny is quite a great spot for good restaurants. It must be the envy of its neighbourgs.
    My first choice would be Campagne, went many times there, including one New Year's eve and in all occasions, it was simply brilliant and faultless. The food is definitly worthy a of a Michelin star, although if that means prices going up, maybe not :D
    Second is Zuni, great room, great buzz, friendly staff and lovely food (huge portions though)
    I really like the laid back wine bar on Rose Inn Street, the Grapevine. They've good wines and the food taste like it is prepared on site (rare enough for tapas in Ireland...)

Rinuccinis, Cafe Sol are good spots too.

Wouldn't have much time for Ripleys, which is commercial and souless, not sure what to make out of Chez Pierre, no Italian food in sight in the Italian Connection, haven't tried any of the new Italians on John Street yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭countryliving

hi, does anyone remember the Italien restaurant in bennettsbridge? it was just delicious and so nice! i wonder what happened to all the chefs and staff of this restaurant? i just have the idea that they took over the place on johns street? i am probably totally wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭zootroid

Went to Little Italy on Saturday evening. Average food, poor service. Won't be eating there again

Advertisement