If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for an amp and speakers

Options
  • 01-06-2010 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭

the Boston Soundware XS 5.1 have just received a cracking review in What - Hi-Fi - Creative also do a few packs at the lower end (and as they have an Irish base we should support 'em).

Hi John,

I like the look of the Boston Soundware stuff as I'm looking for something compact that will fit in a TV cabinet. Already have TV and Blu Ray player - just need Amp and speakers. Looking for 300w output - or thereabouts - budget is €500. Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

Plates wrote: »
    Hi John,

I like the look of the Boston Soundware stuff as I'm looking for something compact that will fit in a TV cabinet. Already have TV and Blu Ray player - just need Amp and speakers. Looking for 300w output - or thereabouts - budget is €500. Any recommendations?

You might be better asking here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1105

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Plates,

I've moved this here as it is a more appropriate place for your query.

Cheers,

Ritz.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Plates wrote: »
    Hi John,

Plates,

(Thanks Eddie / Ritzy)

Thanks for the post - if you are looking for the amp & speakers and you like the Boston Soundware kit I would recommend: (stretching the budget a little ;) )

Pioneer VSX519 5.1 AV Receiver
    Boston XS 5.1 Speaker kit

That system did retail originally at over £590 - I can do it now at just £459.95 / €539.99

Alternatively we can do the:
    Yamaha RXV367 5.1 Av receiver
    Boston XS 5.1 Speaker kit at £479.95 / €569.99

Hope some of these suggestions hit the spot - if not drop me a line and I'll see what else I can find for you..

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

just to say, bought the Boston XS and they are stunning and cool looking and neat and small

Well worth the money....

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.