Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Close my account

Options
  • 01-06-2010 7:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭

I have had enough of this site and wish to close my account down, can anyone help me with this. I am doing this because of Bonkey's moderating on the Conspiracy Theory/ Politics forum. He gave me a ban because I did not agree with him that someone had been rude. I have unsuccessfully tried to have this egregious ban overturned but it is just a waste of time as the mods just stand by each other. This site could be so much better if they could do something about some of the appalling moderating on here. Many private messages that I have received have been of support and agreement that this was disgraceful. Here is my official complaint along with link so you can judge for yourself -

Hi Folks - I am a 38 yr old man and am a paraplegic due to a work accident. I have recently become a member of boards.ie thanks to the recommendation of a friend and have discovered the joys (at least I thought I had!) of blogging. This has helped me deal to some respect with the debilitating psycholgical effects of my condition also because it is something I genuinely enjoy. Now to my point - today I recieved a ban for one week by a moderator on the Conspiracy Theories forum by a person called ' Bonkey'. My issue is this - I am upset because I genuinely believe that I have not done anything wrong.My only crime was to defend another guy called 'mysterious' who was wrongly accused of being rude. He has twisted my post to try and make it look like I was arguing with him when I never was. He says he posted my complaint on my behalf -
    nesf/Scofflaw - Chriskavo has an issue with my behaviour in this thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...8&goto=newpost
    where he feels that its unreasonable of me to have given him and mysterions infractions and then him a ban for arguing moderation in-thread. It all starts around post 51. I find it hard to trust that this will be overturned. On principal, I would be delighted if fellow members out there would view the posts and if they agree that I was hard done by to issue a complaint on my behalf against this moderator. I love this particular forum and hate been banned from it even if it's only for a week. Thanks,Chris.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

To close your account, scramble your password and just never use it again. Or send an email to hello@boards.ie saying you want your account closed and the office people will take care of it for you. After that point your account will be inaccessible by you.

I haven't read the extra paragraphs you've inserted as that's being dealt with in another Help Desk thread you started and it's best kept to one:).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭Chriskavo

sceptre wrote: »
    To close your account, scramble your password and just never use it again. Or send an email to hello@boards.ie saying you want your account closed and the office people will take care of it for you. After that point your account will be inaccessible by you.

I haven't read the extra paragraphs you've inserted as that's being dealt with in another Help Desk thread you started and it's best kept to one:).

Thank you sceptre.

Advertisement