Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

question about tents

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

A loose groundsheet is just a seperate groundsheet that you put down under the tent, as opposed to a sewn-in groundsheet which is attached to the tent walls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

so even in the sleeping compartment it's not gonna be "sealed"? or is it just referring to the "living" or "porch" area?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

It seems that way. I'd be very surprised if the sleeping area didn't have a sewn-in groundsheet that comes up the sides a good bit to give some flood protection and so it overlaps the fly. That's why I've seen in most tents, anyway.

I've never used a big family sized tent like this, but it would also make sense that the porch/storage area would have a loose groundsheet, since they're easier to clean.

That said, someone asked in their Q&A section whether it had a sen-in groundsheet and they say no. Maybe pop up the question there about whether it's only the porch or if it's the whole thing.

EDIT: This page has reviews that state that it is just the porch that has a seperate groundsheet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

i missed that q+a section completely.

Advertisement