Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Fighting Game Committee VOTES ONLY

Options
  • 01-06-2010 7:23pm
    Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭

Okay since several committee members want a say in who is on the committee that runs Inferno we can do a vote on it.

Simply name your nominees here.

There is no limit on nominees and you can nominate yourself.

My 5 nominations are
    Myself.
    Orim.
    Chopperbyrne.
    Jimeatsmenu
    Doctor Wor...I mean Doom

Also I'll close this thread by next Sunday. Please vote by then.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

• Azza
    • Chopperbyrne
    • Doom
    • Jimeatsmenu
    • Chunkis

All the candidates are level headed and have lots of involvement in the community

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

This may not be as others as hoped but shouldn't interested people put their names down and then all candidates be put to a private vote (or something.....)

Anyways

Azza
    Chopperbyrne
    mr_kyle
    DooM
    Jim
    Orim (depending on where he's at based on that sf.ie "changes" post)
    Chunkis

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Personally I honestly don't like the idea of a 'committee' , would rather community representatives, an agreement that all discussion takes place on the forum and that no person should run an event on entirely his own.

Assuming that opinion is in the minority and this goes ahead I'll reply with this:

Chunkis

Dreddy

A-trak

this seems to be just an 'inferno committee' rather then 'the irish street fighter committee' right?

I'll leave out Mr_Kyle in that case.

My nominations are in addition to those already listed by azza and include azza himself obviously. I'm not sure Jim want to be on or even wants a committee but I'll include in him anyway until he makes his postion known.

I don't want to be nominated.

I'll help where I can and when asked, mainly looking at media/promotion stuff and I'm sure Terry will help me out too there as he has been.

Still though it'll suck missing out on all this stuff that'll be discussed by whatever 5 members end up in this committee if this happens.

Again I'd rather what I initially said in this post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

rather than nominate people we need to figure out the scope and aim and need of a committee.

You called it inferno committee here, thats a lot narrower than what it was called in the other thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Indeed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Azza
    Chopper
    Doomy
    Sisko
    A-Trak

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Azza
    Dreddybajs
    Chunkis
    Orim
    Jimeatsmenu

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Azza
    Chopperbyrne
    Dreddy
    Doc DooM
    Jim
    Orim
    Chunkis
    Sisko
    Mr_Kyle
    D4rk Onion
    Futureguy

any 5 of these I'd be happy with

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

4 people that i consider to be most active in the community are:

Jim
    Chopper
    Orim
    Doom

So these are obvious choices for me. These people will attend almost every meetup and will always be up to date with what is going on.

Azza: i would also nominate based on his previous running of the infernos.

Chunkis: Valuable experience and contacts.

There are others that i could mention (a-trak, dreddy) but their activity seems to have died down a little recently for whatever reasons (or maybe thats just me?!).

I would also nominate myself if i didn't have to finish a PhD over the summer. And finally sisko has asked not to be nominated.

Edit: I understand that this list is dublin-biased but in fairness, the heart of the community is based in dublin and thats the way it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

* Azza
    * Dark Onion
    * Doom
    * Jimeatsmenu
    * Orim
    * Dreddybajs

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Azza.
    Orim.
    Doom.
    Animax.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Azza - Good at events
    Chunkis - While Sloppy :p Gets things done
    Doom - Responsible in different areas
    Orim - Great worker for the community, especially at SF.ie
    Mr_Kyle - Great amount of EXP with event's, while not here, he could be the go to guy if any of the committee need advice or get confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Though I haven't gone to such an event yet but based on my limited observations, my nominations for the committee are;

Azza
    Chunkis
    Jim
    Doom

Good luck to those who do get nominated.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Mart0

Mao
    Stalin
    Hitler
    Kim il sung
    Azza

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

First of all, I'm making these nominations under the assumption that this is an all-Ireland organisation, as opposed to the committee that just runs Inferno.

Azza
    mr_kyle
    D4rk Onion
    Orim
    Jim
    Doom
    Chunkis

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Placebo
    Ry
    Siso
    Animax
    A-trak

the brothers from another mother crew

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

How about we keep this thread to just voting posts seeing as Azza is going to have to count them at the end and having done that I know what a pain in the arse it can be. We've had months and months to argue this, we'll have plenty of time after too.

Any way my votes are:
    A-trak
    Azza
    Chopper
    Mr Kyle if he wants it

EDIT: I guess me too. :)

I would have added sisko and Dan to this list but they don't want it, so...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Azza
    Jim
    ChopperByrne

As long as these three are involved I'm happy. I do not wish to be considered for a place on the committee.

Keep this thread for votes.

There's plenty of time and space for discussion on this but not right now and here.

This is not a thread for discussion. I don't want ANOTHER thread descending into exactly the same argument with exactly the same points being made.

If you have a problem with this pm me but I would point out that arguing against a moderator on thread is against the rules anywhere on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I'm now very confused as to whether this is just for Inferno or more comprehensive.

Cheers for the votes lads, didn't expect that coming into the thread. @animaX that's true that I haven't been as active recently but a lot of that has been down to personal issues I don't want to go into, I've been back playing more the last week or so.

Anyway I'll go with:

Azza
    Chopper
    Dr. Doom
    Dreddybajs
    Orim

Mr_Kyle if this is a more comprehensive committee than dealing with just Inferno.

edit: Jimeatsmenu also if this is dealing with more than just Inferno as obviously he's been playing a large part in the community through making streetfighter.ie what it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Doom said to keep this thread just to votes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I'm pretty new so I don't know a lot of you.

But when I was playing Chopper in casuals he was really helpful in telling me what I was doing wrong, and how to counter what he was doing (whether or not I could pull it off was up to me) rather than just steamrolling me for the win (which he could have easily done), and I think having an established player who's willing to spend time improving newbies on the committee is a good thing.

Also last casuals I went to were run by Orim, who was doing a really stand up job.

So those two.

Lads.

If you don't listen to me I'm going to have to hand out infractions, much as I hate going down that route.

VOTES ONLY IN THIS THREAD.

I took the time to create a whole thread and move the posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

A-Trak

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mr_kyle

OK, I really don't know what the hell is going on here any more. There seems to a few different topics on committees.

I notice a few gents have put me down as a potential candidate. If we are talking an Irish committee, then I will ofc represent the North if need be. If the committee is meant for a more local area such as Dublin or events in Dublin - then it would take people closer to Dublin than me.

My votes and why:

Azza - because he got things rolling
    Jim - streetfighter.ie
    DooM - boards mod
    Dreddy - already has treasurer experience
    Chopper - sound bloke & cares alot about how things are done
    D4rk Onion - rep for starting things in your end of the country

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I extend my vote to include Chunkis, because I wasn't aware he was responsible for snagging us the Evo invite.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

Azza
    Orim
    Jim
    Chopper
    and whoever else

These seem to be most the active imo

Arguably Chunkis, Dreddy & Doom as well are active. I'm sure whoever is voted in will do the right job

End of my tether, lads. I have more things to be doing than cleaning up this thread.

Do not post here if you are not voting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Azza
    Doom
    Chopper
    Jim
    Sisko - Even though he said he didn't want to be nominated, I propose that he is.

Edit - Oh & would have included Orim as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Sorry Doom...

Voting:
    Azza
    Mr Kyle
    chunkis

(don't want the streetfighter.ie lads overworked. Sisko & Chopper would be in same boat as this IMO)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement