Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitting Towel Rail to uPvc d/g Back Door

• 01-06-2010 7:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

I don't have many options.....so would it be ok to do the above, it's only a tea towel rail to be fitted on the mid cross frame section of the door, top is glass and bottom blank panel and a few grub screws would do it....but any hidden problems lurking about.:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

danjo-xx wrote: »
    I don't have many options.....so would it be ok to do the above, it's only a tea towel rail to be fitted on the mid cross frame section of the door, top is glass and bottom blank panel and a few grub screws would do it....but any hidden problems lurking about.:(

The plastic probably won't be strong enough to hold against the tugging that towel rails tend to get. I'd opt for gluing in situ - the screws being a secondary fixing which hold things in place until the glue sets. Evostick panel adhesive is murderously sticky and far cheaper than the ubiquitous Tech7. the flat, smooth door panel is ideal for getting a strong glue bond.

Other than ensuring you don't drill too close to the edge and hit the glass panel I can't see a problem. A picture always helps though: of door and rail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

thanks for advice....in the end I was reluctant to tarnish the upc door so I shortened the rail I had and screwed it to a cupboard door..needs must;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

A pvc door in the centre bar is the same make up as the part that takes the hindge. However I think your mad to screw a towel rail to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

As I mentioned above...... I didn't:)

Advertisement