Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

three Ireland mobile repair

Options
  • 01-06-2010 7:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this for me.

On Saturday just gone my phone started acting up. It wouldn't take a charge and the wifi stopped connecting to networks. So off to the shop where I bought it (which had also previously repaired my phone) armed with some information from consumerconnect.ie. As it was a obviously a software problem again, I told them I wanted the phone replaced, as I believed that it was within my rights. The manager point blank refused. He told me their policy was to repair it three times and then replace it. He said he can't deal with it and for me to contact customer care, which I did but the lady on the other end hung up on me when i mentioned my rights. Strange.

Where do I go from here, do I have to get it repaired again? Or can I have it replaced as I originally thought.
    If anyone has any links that I can print off to help persuade the manager to do the right thing they will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,196 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

You can go to the small claims court or you can drop it in for repair.

Back up your data and do a master reset on the phone and see does it fix the software problem. Or try a software update.

There's a lot of things going on in modern phones, I think it's a bit unreasonable to demand your phone be replaced with a new one when you have a software issue as there might be nothing wrong with the hardware itself.

Sorry just saw you had a charging problem, depending on the fault it could be fixed or your phone replaced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

Had a 3 phone giving trouble, went to this outfit http://www.fonemenders.ie/repair+centres+ireland.html.

No arguements, repaired under warranty and the phone was almost a year old, still working fine, was fixed during the snow when ever that was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭D16TURBO

You can go to the small claims court or you can drop it in for repair.

Back up your data and do a master reset on the phone and see does it fix the software problem. Or try a software update.

There's a lot of things going on in modern phones, I think it's a bit unreasonable to demand your phone be replaced with a new one when you have a software issue as there might be nothing wrong with the hardware itself.

Sorry just saw you had a charging problem, depending on the fault it could be fixed or your phone replaced.

yeah well it wasn't charging the battery and said 'charging error and stop charging' I was able to charge the battery in another phone but the phone died shortly after putting the battery back in.
    The first time i got the phone repaired it wouldn't turn on or charge.

As they seemed like they are related problems I thought that I would be entitled to a replacement.

Do you reckon that I should just let them repair it again then?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,196 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

D16TURBO wrote: »

Do you reckon that I should just let them repair it again then?

Yes, if your any where near fonemenders just drop it into them, if it's bust they'll replace it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭D16TURBO

I meant drop it into the Three store. I'm in south Donegal so nowhere near a fonemenders shop. :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement