Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NEED AN EXCHANGE!

• 01-06-2010 7:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

i bought a gorgeous dress in river island.. i wore it out once !! when i was putin it in the wash i noticed 2 big rips on the dress.. one under each arm. too big to mend !
    is this too much damage to ask for a replacement.. or refund... would i be told that theres nothin they can do ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

When did you buy the dress? And do you have a receipt/proof of purchase?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Sarah.Roo

o yeah !! i have a reciept and i only bought it on saturday the 29th of may!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

was the dress torn before you bought it?

no not that i noticed !!..... o i hope i can get a new one ! it was really lovely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

was the dress torn before you bought it?
    + 1 and if you've worn it nothing they can really do.

• Advertisement

o really.. could i lie nd say i didnt wear it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭convert

If it was torn before you bought it but you just didn't notice, then I'm not sure if there's much that can be done. However, if the item isn't up to scratch, and you can prove it, then I think you can get an exchange. It happened to a friend of mine whose shoes literally started to fall apart after one wear.

You could try the Consumer Issues forum. Somebody there may be able to fill you in on all the facts surrounding something like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 proletarian

Hey, I work there and you'll be fine, don't bother saying you never wore it, that's a fault with the dress and they're obliged to swap/refund it for you. And RI are pretty good about refunds, especially faulty returns. Just bring your receipt, it'll make it much easier!!

ETA: I don't think it'll make any difference whether it was already ripped; RI will return it for you either way. And you will be entitled to a refund, if that's what you want. That's the policy anyway. Read the bottom of your receipt.

aw i really hope so ! thanks very much for your help !

No worries! And it'll be made easier again by the fact you just want an exchange. Good luck! (You'll be fine!)

• Advertisement

aw thanks.. god i hope i get someone as nice as you when i ask for the exchange haha !! do u work in the one in blanch ? :p

No no....down south, but not for much longer *quitting joy*. I have no experience with the Dublin RI's, but the policy doesn't vary even if the people might!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I dunno. I worked in RI's flagship store 'til recently and they were always very picky about exchanges. I presume you've taken the tag off if you've worn it? You could get lucky and get a faulty exchange out of it. Unless the rips are through fault of your own. It's kinda odd to have a dress rip under both arms. Usually faults in RI dresses are in the zips or embellishment falling off etc.

Advertisement