Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest 02 I phone Plan

Options
  • 01-06-2010 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Hi
    I am really interested in getting an iphone 16gig or a hdc hd2. Obviously I will
    have to go to bill pay. What is the cheapest plan available that will
    give me free 02 texts and 02 talk. Most of my calls are to 02. I dont
    really want to go over 40 euro a month. Is there such a thing available?
    or is it going to cost me 40 euro min and then 02 talk and text an add
    on? Can you substitute some of the data limit for 02 talk and text?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,238 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

New iphone on the way and the desire would be a better choice for a HTC, hold tuff, it's not worth getting into an 18mt expensive contract with a new iphone just around the corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Why not look as going on pre paid, over 18 months it'll cost you roughly 50 euro more, ok initially it's a larger outlay but it's 15 euro less permonth and then one month if you're skint you're not committed to paying for the service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I think cheapest is 40 Euro per month with free o2 calls & texts and 100 off net messages, 10 MMS and unlimited internet and 150 mins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

New iphone on the way and the desire would be a better choice for a HTC, hold tuff, it's not worth getting into an 18mt expensive contract with a new iphone just around the corner.

+1, hold tight. Apple are expected to announce the new iPhone on Monday, so dont buy yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭scholes

Thanks for all the replies folks, 40 euro sounds ok if there are free 02 calls as thats all i really use. but if theres a new iphone on the way i might hold off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

scholes wrote: »
    Hi
    I am really interested in getting an iphone 16gig or a hdc hd2. Obviously I will
    have to go to bill pay. What is the cheapest plan available that will
    give me free 02 texts and 02 talk. Most of my calls are to 02. I dont
    really want to go over 40 euro a month. Is there such a thing available?
    or is it going to cost me 40 euro min and then 02 talk and text an add
    on? Can you substitute some of the data limit for 02 talk and text?

scholes wrote: »
    I am currently on prepay 02 and have been for the last few years, i find it great as i was on a tariff that i could pick 3 friends and can ring them after 6 for 1 cent a minute. i would spend about 30 euro a month and I dont want to go to a bill pay.
    I was wondering has anyone signed up to the 02 social link. It sounds like a really good deal. you must top up by 20 euro a month and you get all calls free to 02 customers and free texts and free facebook.
    Some of the questions I have are

If you ring non 02 customers does this come off the 20 euro or is it extra.

What happens if you forget to top up by 20 euro?

I take it if you dont use the 20 euro you lose it?

Can you opt out and if you do do you still have your previous benefits e.g call a friend for 1 cent.

Thanks

Maybe I'm becoming a cynical old fecker, but I've noticed a pattern over the past few days of posters who've never posted before coming on and talking about various o2 offers/tariffs/ads under the guise of asking questions.

e.g.
    O2 have a - insert offer - where it precisely matches my needs and is wonderful in every way, but will Israeli commandos storm into my home if I don't top up every month?

The threads are then bumped by a thanks post. Anyone else notice this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Maybe I'm becoming a cynical old fecker, but I've noticed a pattern over the past few days of posters who've never posted before coming on and talking about various o2 offers/tariffs/ads under the guise of asking questions.

e.g.
    O2 have a - insert offer - where it precisely matches my needs and is wonderful in every way, but will Israeli commandos storm into my home if I don't top up every month?

Since the reg date is 2005 I think you're being cynical :)

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭scholes

e.g.

Can't believe you found me out ! well done. I'm 02's biggest fan!

Anyway to all the other kind people who helped me out, i visited 02 shop today and will prob go for the 40 euro option but guy there said that new iphone will prob be out next month. I'll prob hold on as dont really want to get tied into an 18th month contract if new one is just around the corner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭O2_Daryll

e.g.

Love it, Maybe we are doing our job right :)

Advertisement