Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Aistes

Options
  • 01-06-2010 8:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Hi guys, I'm doing higher level Irish and I heard people tipping sport to come up in the Aiste section this year, does anyone have an essay done out on sport that they could send me ? I have ones done out on Daoine Oga, Timpeallacht and Mean Cumarsaide that I can give you in return

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

I really don't think sport will come up. Maybe I'll look like an idiot if it does though :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 XXRachelXX

zam wrote: »
    I really don't think sport will come up. Maybe I'll look like an idiot if it does though :P

Any particular reason why ?

I don't know! It just doesn't seem like the sort of thing they'd put in. Don't hold me to that though, it's just my opinion!
    Do you have any old Dréimires? I remember seeing something about sport in that!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 loocas

Taking a wiiiiild guess, there's likely to be a Q on the environment, somehow relating to Eyjafjallajokull's volcanic eruption (learn off the name for brownie points!) and the recent Oil spill in the US.

I'd put money on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭dan_d

I wouldn't.
    Papers are set earlier in the year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭irish_man

I'd say something on an Timpeallacht will come up

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

loocas wrote: »
    Taking a wiiiiild guess, there's likely to be a Q on the environment, somehow relating to Eyjafjallajokull's volcanic eruption (learn off the name for brownie points!) and the recent Oil spill in the US.

I'd put money on it.
    Papers are set way back in November so I seriously doubt it.

Why is everyone saying sport won't come up?

World Cup 2010 anyone???

That said i'm only just finishing up fifth year so my predictions may be worthless ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Personality56

Problems in general come up every year so once you have a general overview of fadhbanna soisialta, drugai, alcol, coiriulacht etc covered you should be fine. Preparing something on polaiteoiri would also be a good idea... after that its really up to yourself what you want to stick in... Personally im doing timpeallacht polaiteoiri fadhbanna soisialta and maybe just some general vocab on sport if i get stuck.. Remember on the day to consider the debate /speech, not just the aiste!

Problems in general come up every year so once you have a general overview of fadhbanna soisialta, drugai, alcol, coiriulacht etc covered you should be fine. Preparing something on polaiteoiri would also be a good idea... after that its really up to yourself what you want to stick in... Personally im doing timpeallacht polaiteoiri fadhbanna soisialta and maybe just some general vocab on sport if i get stuck.. Remember on the day to consider the debate /speech, not just the aiste!

Good advice!

Does ANYONE do the scéal?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

zam wrote: »
    Does ANYONE do the scéal?

It's strange - isn't it? For the JC, nearly everybody I knew was doing the Scéal, but for the LC, nearly everybody is doing the Aiste. I'm hoping to do the Aiste, but will have a backup Scéal learned, just in case! Knowing my luck I won't even understand the Essay titles, and then I will really be i dtroiblóid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Indigo Sunrise

I did a scéal in the mocks because I didn't bother preparing any aistí, so I thought it'd be easier to make up a story. I dunno what I'll do in the real thing. Still haven't prepared any aistí. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11 L.C.2010

our teacher says timpealleacht and teen problems/country's problems in general will get you through in the essays :)

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭ajjmk

hey, i was talking to a different irish teacher to my own today, and she told me that it's considered plagiarism to learn off a scéal directly from a book, and write it exactly the same in the exam. she said i'd get marked down by quite a bit if i did it...thats hardly true, is it? cos i'm really struggling to prepare for the essay, so i was just gonna learn a really general scéal...

• Registered Users Posts: 11 L.C.2010

hmm i doubt it...the examiner will hardly know if its copied? :)
    even if u add in a few little lines here n there it will be fine :D

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭ajjmk

phew:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Bigrob

I've a feeling that if it's sport it will be something more to do with the GAA 125th anniversary cause if you look back in the exam papers, topics only come up a year after they've happened. But I dunno, maybe....

The institute is predicting crime, politics and road safety as their big 3.

Advertisement