Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ozprog

• 01-06-2010 9:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭

...for want of a better term, any fans of Ozprog? Karnivool are liked round these parts:

and thanks to them i've sought out some other aussie bands, karnivools singers other band birds of tokyo being one, but i'm liking the more proggy ones like the butterfly effect:

cog:

and dead letter circus:

any fans of these, or any other good oz bands in the same vein?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

When was over there last year, Karnivool had just released an album and we'reon the crest of a wave. Found them very good. At the same time, Butterfly Effect were quite big, wasn't gone on them as much though.

Cog were always the standard barers. I quite liked them. Was supposed to go see them, with Oceansize supporting, but to due to my pea-sized brain, I went to a bbq instead:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Cog with oceansize and you didn't go? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

No need to put it like that:( Worst decision ever, more so that I remembered after the food. Hometown show and all, and Oceansize first ever time there....wow, I'm making it feel even worse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Twat

Australia has some epic progrock bands!

Karnivool, have seen them twice and missed a third in december due to flights cancelled, brilliant live band...Sound Awake is amazing!

Lately I've been mainly into Dead Letter Circus...their EP & Album have some amazing songs, the lead singer has some set of lungs on him!

Butterfly Effect are pretty cool too, I think Worlds On Fire is one of the best songs I've heard in recent years.

Although not around together, Mammal were a serious band, some great funky tunes to bang to. Of all the side projects the band members got involved in, Full Scale are the only ones worth listening too, nearly as good as Mammal.

Advertisement