Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shiny dashboard reflecting off windscreen

• 01-06-2010 9:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Is there any cheap way to remedy this?

I hear windowlene and a rag does it. Is this true? Any other suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭CR 7

Just leave the dust build up on it. That's what I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭dclifford

I use polarized sunglasses. Works perfect for me. I see Lidl or Aldi are selling some for about €5 sometime this week with their fishing gear.

7.8kwp South facing, Slane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

Hi guys,

Is there any cheap way to remedy this?

I hear windowlene and a rag does it. Is this true? Any other suggestions?

Just clean your dash with a damp cloth and avoid using "dash cleaners"
    Car makers deliberately make the top of the dash dull so it DOESN'T reflect in the windscreen and then people go buy stuff to make the dash shiny:D
    It was never a problem in the late 70's/early 80's when you could grow spuds on an Irish dashboard, in fact, I think it may have been enshrined in law with sect 31,sub sect B of the road traffic act, "a vehicle should NEVER be cleaned inside or out as this may prohibit the growing of spuds inside and may actually help with the identificaton of said vehicle outside".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Get yourself a Matt Cleaner like Dashboard wipes but make sure they say "Matt".

If you get gloss then you will only make it worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

get it flocked!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

dclifford wrote: »
    I use polarized sunglasses. Works perfect for me. I see Lidl or Aldi are selling some for about €5 sometime this week with their fishing gear.

Nah, it reflect street lights at night too so I dont think this will work.
    Andrew33 wrote: »
    Just clean your dash with a damp cloth and avoid using "dash cleaners"
    Car makers deliberately make the top of the dash dull so it DOESN'T reflect in the windscreen and then people go buy stuff to make the dash shiny:D

Yeah the guy who had it before me seems to have shined it up good, i tried using washing up liquid to clean some of it off but to no avail.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭drakshug

try leopardskin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

This is your chance to suede your car!

dash_designs_suede_dashboard_cover_sedona_black.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,590 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Mix some APC ( You might find some in the kitchen cupboard) Also known as Flash All purpose cleaner , You know, The yellow colored stuff that smells like lemon.. Mix a couple of capfulls of that with some warm water and wash/dry the dash. Finish it off with some Mr.Muscle window cleaner. ( the green stuff in the spray bottle)
    You will get it back to matt and it will loook a lot better.. Saves a few bob over professional stuff as well :cool:

biko wrote: »
    This is your chance to suede your car!

dash_designs_suede_dashboard_cover_sedona_black.jpg

Yeah, its not a very nice car, im not looking to spend much tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,516 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Yeah, its not a very nice car, im not looking to spend much tbh

A trip to Des Kelly's and he would probably do it much cheaper with some carpet tiles :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Put a dark towel on the dash.

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Put a dark towel on the dash.

Nah, it would be falling off all the time and get in the way of the wind screen blowers, not to mention looking abit crap.

Cheers though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭ShiresV2

dclifford wrote: »

What he said - don a pair of polarized sunglasses and the reflections in the windscreen will disappear. They are excellent for driving/cycling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

SV wrote: »
    get it flocked!

I'd love to get that done

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭reiger

when done right its tidy looking

heres an example from an S9

3508526130_0d2cccc57a.jpg

Advertisement