Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sundrive velodrome

• 01-06-2010 9:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭

Just 2 quick questions. Are there any rules about bottom bracket clearance on the velodrome? Also is it open all the time?

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

amjon. wrote: »
    Just 2 quick questions. Are there any rules about bottom bracket clearance on the velodrome? Also is it open all the time?

Nothing mentioned in the race rules as far as I can see.

The gate is locked when there isn't events like racing or training on, but you can hop over the fence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭amjon.

Ok, thanks. They don't have a gate that swings across the track itself then?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,657 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

el tonto wrote: »
    but you can hop over the fence.

You may be able to "hop" over - I think I'll take some steps next time!

Check on www.trackcycling.ie when the track is being used (they have a calendar) - you can go on it at other times, but obviously others may have the same idea, so you won't necessarily have the track to yourself

On the BB point, I don't think anything is specified for Sundrive - the banking is not steep enough to cause a problem (unlike some indoor tracks where there are restrictions)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

amjon. wrote: »
    Ok, thanks. They don't have a gate that swings across the track itself then?

Nope, it's perfectly usable. One tip is to take the first lap slow and look out for broken glass. Unfortunately, the park seems to be used as an outdoor drinking haunt and you sometimes find smashed bottles on the track.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

so you wont get in trouble if you hop the fence and do a few laps? I live about 5 mins away and I'm dyin to have a go! called over on a race day and Im waiting for an accreditation day but I dont see any on the calender

• Advertisement

so you wont get in trouble if you hop the fence and do a few laps?

Not at all, you'll see a good few people training there, including some on the national team.

Im waiting for an accreditation day but I dont see any on the calender

Next one is Saturday 5th June.

Advertisement