If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New system quote for basic user

Options
  • 01-06-2010 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭

Hi John/guys

I have been tracking your fourm for a while now looking at soom good deals and great customer support. So now its time to get a quote and advice on a basic system.

I have just purchased my first house so i want to set it up right. I plan to put a wooden floor in the sitting room but before i do i want to run the cables for a surround sound system.

I am good on computers but not this yet so bare with me so what i am looking for is a surround sound system that would have speaker cable that once its run will do most speakers as it will be under the floor some thing so that if speakers blow you dont have to rip up the floor to put in new system.

So i was thinking of a av receiver with a set of speakers a blu ray player and most of all the tv i would like is a Samsung/Philips/Panasonic something reliable in 46 to 52 inch led screen.

I might be connecting a wii if i get one and a computer aswell. I like to watch avi and divx too i will be getting a hd free to air kit in time unless i find a great bargin.

Sorry for the long post
    Thanks for your time
    John

Ps i would need this to be delivered to Clare be kind on price as not much money left after house purchase.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

You lucky fecker :)

Your going to get a great deal looking for all that kit. A sugestion to help John Mc and co. - suggest your budget, it will help the guys quote.

Also, have a think about the type of speakers you want, they come in all shapes and sizes.

Your in good hands in this forum, have fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭jhud

Thanks for the input not sure about speakers size as i would like to have them wall mounted but i could also go with the free standing ones but nothing to big.

As for the buget i would have €1800 to €2000 might be able to push some more.

Thanks
    John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi John

You could have a look at the Philips 46 or 52PFL5605H
    These are 100Hz LED Edge Lit LCD TV's with a very fast 2ms response time
    Naturally enough they are Full HD 1080p TV's

They sport 3x HDMI, 1x SCART, VGA, USB inputs (plus component and headphone sockets)
    Your Computer could plug into it via VGA or HDMI 9depending on what options it gives you)
    The best option for a Nintendo Wii would be to use the optional component cable connector.

You get MPEG 4 digital Tuner built in as well.

The 46PFL5605H will sell for €1299.99 and the 52" screen size will sell at €1699.99 and have a 2 year warranty as standard

Here's the spec on the 52PFL5605H (the 46 is the same apart from screen size/dimensions)
    http://www.philipsshop.ie/Spec%20Sheets/52pfl5605H_12_pss_eng.pdf

The lads in Richer Sounds Belfast should be able to give you a few more TV options, I'm from the Philips Shop so can help you with all thing Philips.
    They will be able to guide on speaker options as well.

atb
    Ash

Thanks for the extra information they seem good now i will wait for the av and speaker package and maybe other tv options its nice to have some options.

John

Any good priced deals for me?

Thanks
    John

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hey Jhud.

Sorry for the delay.

You can start at around the following:

Onkyo HTS3305 priced at £299.95 / 349.99 Euro
    https://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?objectid=930&mode=0&productid=1035&results=true&keys=onkyo%20hts3305%20&c=1

Blu Ray Player Onkyo BDP507 priced at £149.95 / 179.99 Euro (While Stocks Last)
    https://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?objectid=930&mode=0&productid=1035&results=true&keys=onkyo%20hts3305%20&c=1

Or we have a little Pioneer 2.1 Home Cinema system for just £299.95 / 349.99 Euro
    https://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=930&Mode=0&productid=1005&Results=true&keys=pioneer

We can not delivery screens that are larger than a 42" LCD due to weight and size issues. They would need collected from the Belfast store.

You could have a look at the LG 47LF7700 priced at £699.95 / 824.99 Euro
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/lcd-tv/lg/47lf7700/lg-47lf77starstar

Hey Jhud.

Sorry for the delay.

You can start at around the following:

Onkyo HTS3305 priced at £299.95 / 349.99 Euro

Blu Ray Player Onkyo BDP507 priced at £149.95 / 179.99 Euro (While Stocks Last)

Or we have a little Pioneer 2.1 Home Cinema system for just £299.95 / 349.99 Euro
    https://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=930&Mode=0&productid=1005&Results=true&keys=pioneer

We can not delivery screens that are larger than a 42" LCD due to weight and size issues. They would need collected from the Belfast store.

You could have a look at the LG 47LF7700 priced at £699.95 / 824.99 Euro
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/lcd-tv/lg/47lf7700/lg-47lf77starstar

Thanks kenny

Its a pitty you dont ship big tvs but sure can you quote me for this system 2 on the following link the system 2 seperate kit i was looking for good speaker cable to go with it and delivered if possable to County Clare.

Thanks
    John

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

jhud wrote: »
    Thanks kenny

Its a pitty you dont ship big tvs but sure can you quote me for this system 2 on the following link the system 2 seperate kit i was looking for good speaker cable to go with it and delivered if possable to County Clare.

Thanks
    John

John,

thanks again for the reply (I'm replying as lazy Kenny is on holidays - he had some holidays a couple of year ago, cannot think why he needs more already :confused:)

Anyway that System 2 is now a finished line, the RXV365 is now finished - however how about this...

Panasonic BD45 Blu Ray
    Yamaha RXV367 (the new version of the 365 and it's HDMI 1.4 3D Ready!)
    Tannoy SFX5.1

All for just £459.95???

That is a completely killer price!

On the speaker cable front - I would recommend the Gale Symphony 100 - excellent quality and not too expensive..(and we will do you a quantity deal on it ;))

On the TV front - we are getting a bit more success getting our courier to deliver larger screens - is there one in particular you are interested in and I'll do my best to see if we can get it shipped for you?

Keep us posted,

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks John for help.

Tv's i was looking for were Samsung maybe like this or this

I am not really good on the tech but i like samsung and philips never let me down unless you have another option but i am looking for led in a 46 inch i have decided on the size now.
    Thanks
    John

Ps Hope i am not too anoying.

Hi again guys

I know you are busy and i know the feeling in no rush as still dont have the keys to the new house.

I got better news over the weekend with the fiancés deciding that she will give away her tv(32" crt monster size) and wants to get a lcd to mount on the wall in the bedroom as to save space. So since you are having difficulty with the over size tv at 46 can you quote me for a 32" lcd tv good brand name with freeview??? or freesat??? 1080p or 720p with usb to play divx and avi or just one also a wall mounting bracket for the tv too. Budget around €400

On the av receiver, speaker and blu ray package i was looking to get a more compatible machine for hd as i see from reviews it has no supporting Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD decoding AND Dolby ProLogic IIz support(not sure what difference it would make having it or not).

So the package system with the 32" tv as a deal for i will source a 46" locally.
    Could you recommend a 46" led budget €1100 to €1500

Thanks
    John

• Advertisement

Hi Guys

Just back online now as i have now moved into my house no internet yet but its will be up soon.

As far as my tvs i have got two on 32" philips for bedroom with mpeg4 and aerials in house are digital ready so all Irish chanels coming through now.

The other tv is 46" Samsung led ue46c6530 so all going good with both so far.

After spending all this money with there is little left of and i have cabled the living room now for speakers with the new floor in i need to know if you can help me with a av system to complete system. I have the room setup for a 5.1 or 7.1 what ever i can afford. I want to have a blu ray player too.

Budget €600

Regards
    John

jhud wrote: »
    Hi again guys

I know you are busy and i know the feeling in no rush as still dont have the keys to the new house.

I got better news over the weekend with the fiancés deciding that she will give away her tv(32" crt monster size) and wants to get a lcd to mount on the wall in the bedroom as to save space. So since you are having difficulty with the over size tv at 46 can you quote me for a 32" lcd tv good brand name with freeview??? or freesat??? 1080p or 720p with usb to play divx and avi or just one also a wall mounting bracket for the tv too. Budget around €400

On the av receiver, speaker and blu ray package i was looking to get a more compatible machine for hd as i see from reviews it has no supporting Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD decoding AND Dolby ProLogic IIz support(not sure what difference it would make having it or not).

So the package system with the 32" tv as a deal for i will source a 46" locally.
    Could you recommend a 46" led budget €1100 to €1500

Thanks
    John

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.