Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where did all the Israelis in Dublin go???

• 01-06-2010 10:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭

I was in a few shopping centres last year and early this year i.e. blanch, liffey valley and ilac and I remember there were these stands/stalls that would sell make up, hair straighteners and toys. I struck conversation with some of them on a few occasions and they told me they were from Israel. Then one time I was in the Ilac and there were these Israeli girls (they told me so) selling hair straighteners and I asked them in conversation if they knew the other Israelis who were literally only a few feet away selling toy helicopters and she denied she knew them but it was so obvious she was lying. You dont see any of them anymore in any of the shopping centres. Kaiser Soze type stuff.

Seriously tho, isn't it a little unusual for a load of Israelis to land here for a few months, sell a load of womens make up and kids toys and they leave?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

Kid Curry wrote: »
    I was in a few shopping centres last year and early this year i.e. blanch, liffey valley and ilac and I remember there were these stands/stalls that would sell make up, hair straighteners and toys. I struck conversation with some of them on a few occasions and they told me they were from Israel. Then one time I was in the Ilac and there were these Israeli girls (they told me so) selling hair straighteners and I asked them in conversation if they knew the other Israelis who were literally only a few feet away selling toy helicopters and she denied she knew them but it was so obvious she was lying. You dont see any of them anymore in any of the shopping centres. Kaiser Soze type stuff.

Seriously tho, isn't it a little unusual for a load of Israelis to land here for a few months, sell a load of womens make up and kids toys and they leave?

What are you trying to sow here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

The Irish do it every year in hundreds of countries around the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Could ask the same question about the Spanish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

I see they are still in Liffey Valley.

even more this year than last year.

Also ... happy talk is gone :(

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

From an old thread.
    Are the Israelis working on kiosks a Mossad front as it has been alluded elsewhere? I'm not so sure myself, perhaps. I don't live in Ireland, I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with these guys? I can't imagine why they would want to spy in Ireland other than to gather dirt to use for blackmail.

Dead Sea Products is one of the most noticeable Israeli cosmetic companies operating in Ireland at present, having stalls in several Irish supermarkets, often staffed by ex-Israeli soldiers.
    http://www.palestinechronicle.com/ne...f&mode=details

The report puts the at the Jervis Centre, which is just over a mile or only a couple of minutes drive from Government Buildings.

To: Jervis Street Shopping Centre, Dublin
    Distance: 1.30 miles (Show in Km)
    Time: 0 hr 3 min
    http://www.aaireland.ie/routes_beta/

To put all this into some context here are some quotes from an recent article by Wayne Madsen.

Wayne Madsen Biography:
    Madsen has some twenty years experience in security issues. As a U.S. Naval Officer, he managed one of the first computer security programs for the U.S. Navy. He subsequently worked for the National Security Agency, the Naval Data Automation Command, Department of State, RCA Corporation, and Computer Sciences Corporation.

WMR has learned that one such kiosk operates at the MacArthur Center Mall in Norfolk, Virginia, where a number of U.S. Navy personnel from the nearby naval bases are regularly confronted by aggressive young Israelis selling Dead Sea cosmetic products who inquire about where the personnel are stationed and the nature of their jobs. Young Israeli women working at the kiosk also appear to want to strike up a closer relationship with some of the naval personnel.

The use of young Israelis, many of whom continue to serve in a reserve status with the Israel Defense Force, as intelligence agents, has changed somewhat over the past decade. Young Israeli “art students” first conducted unsolicited visits to the homes and offices of federal and military employees trying to sell cheap Chinese-made bogus Israeli artwork while casing neighborhoods and office buildings.

Israeli-operated mall kiosks have transitioned from selling toys to cosmetics.

On August 7, 2005, WMR reported: In November 2001, the INS arrested several Israelis, including some with military backgrounds, selling Puzzle Car and Zoom Copter toys from shopping mall kiosks and vending carts. Many of the malls were located near U.S. government facilities, including the Pentagon and CIA. A majority of the Israelis, arrested for visa violations instead of espionage, worked for a Florida-based company called Quality Sales. A spokesman for the company admitted the company hired vacationing Israeli students but they had the wrong visas.

The spokesman also revealed the Israelis were deemed “special interest” cases by INS-- a new government designation applied to terrorism suspects in the wake of 911. Federal authorities suspect the Israelis were using the kiosks as intelligence fronts in the same manner that Israelis were using door-to-door art sales as covers. The National Counterintelligence Center (NCIX) stated in a report issued in March 2001 that, “In the past six weeks, employees in federal office buildings located throughout the United States have reported suspicious activities connected with individuals representing themselves as foreign students selling or delivering artwork. Employees have observed both males and females attempting to bypass facility security and enter federal buildings.” The report was temporarily removed from the NCIX web site.

One of the malls where the Israeli”toy sellers” based their operations was the Pentagon City Mall, just across Interstate 395 from the Pentagon. In July 2004, the mall served as the rendezvous point for alleged Israeli Pentagon spy Larry Franklin and Keith Weissman, an AIPAC official. Franklin warned Weissman that Iranian agents were going to start attacking American soldiers and Israeli agents in Iraq. Weissman then went to brief the account of the meeting to Steve Rosen, another senior AIPAC official.

They both informed the Israeli embassy in Washington and Glenn Kessler, a reporter for The Washington Post. Those phone calls were being wiretapped by the FBI as part of its investigation of a major Israeli spy ring in the United States, an investigation that had been going on since before the 9/11 attacks. The FBI was also monitoring meetings between Franklin, Weissman, and Rosen, including one held in February 2003 at the Arlington, Virginia, Ritz-Carlton hotel, which adjoins the Pentagon City Mall.

In February 2005, an Israeli man named Ohad Cohen was deported, along with four other Israelis, from Omaha, Nebraska. In what was becoming a common occurrence in the United States, a total of 10 Israelis, who were working at shopping mall kiosks in the Omaha and Lincoln areas, were deported by Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials for illegally working in the United States on tourist visas.

The Israelis operated out of Omaha’s Oak View Mall and Lincoln’s Gateway Westfield Mall. The Federal government probe was reported to be part of a wider probe of Israeli shopping mall kiosk activity throughout the Midwest. In December 2004, FBI and immigration officers arrested 15 Israelis in Minnesota and three operating from a mall kiosk in Grand Forks, North Dakota. Omaha is also the headquarters of the U.S. Air Force Strategic Air Command (SAC).
    http://onlinejournal.com/artman/publ...ter_4821.shtml
    Report Post Reply With Quote

• Advertisement

often staffed by ex-Israeli soldiers

Israel has a mandatory National military service for all its citizens, so I'm guessing its a pretty good chance they are all ex soldier's :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,938 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

and the chics are hot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Kid Curry

and the chics are hot.

Tell me about it, I actually rode one of them while I was sitting in the hairdressing chair in the Ilac centre while she was straightening my hair. Loads of people walked past but none of them said anything, I don't even know if anyone actually noticed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

From an old thread.

nice unbiased source i see :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Di0genes

Yes and I can imagine all the Dail secrets that could be gleamed by a guy selling toy helicopters in a shopping center on the other side of the liffey from the Dail.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Tell me about it, I actually rode one of them while I was sitting in the hairdressing chair in the Ilac centre while she was straightening my hair. Loads of people walked past but none of them said anything, I don't even know if anyone actually noticed.

Pics or it Didn't happen
    :D:D:D:D:D:D

Sorry, but it had to be said ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

I never seen one in Dublin in first place:confused:
    They hid their presence well :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

They're here to find out how we get the figs into the fig rolls :P
    They have the weather to grow loads of figs, and can make biscuits but lack the technology to combine the 2.

It's either that or they're after our potatoes....that'll be the reason I foresee for any future invasion of Ireland :pac::pac:

Hmmm, I sense a smoke screen here...how could you ride her while you were sitting in the chair and she was straightening your hair ? Was she sitting on your lap face to face as this is the only way she could both A - ride you and B - straighten your hair !!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

caseyann wrote: »
    I never seen one in Dublin in first place:confused:
    They hid their presence well :eek:
    :rolleyes:

And what does an Israeli look like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Exactly my point :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭TalkieWalkie

I became friends with a great bunch of Israeli people toward the end of last year. They had server their time in the army over there and stated there is a lot of brainwashing in their army (i guess it's the same in most if not all). Anyway, when time in the army is served they just want to get the hell out of there and see the world which is expected. They were working here illegally as their 6 month working visa's had run out, they were selling artwork and were eventually caught out and some were deported home others went to Mexico and others to Miami. SO that's where about 10 of them went :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

monty-python-life-brian-otto.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Given the recent complaints about us not closing pisstake threads, I'm struggling to find a reason to keep this open

bonkey wrote: »
    Given the recent complaints about us not closing pisstake threads, I'm struggling to find a reason to keep this open

Well its about Israelis and Jews so i doubt the usual heads will complain.

No need to be taking digs at other posters.

• Advertisement

bonkey wrote: »
    No need to be taking digs at other posters.

Wasnt taking digs, its the truth and you know it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭TalkieWalkie

Where did Mysterious go ? I didnt see any banning order on him ? Another inside job eah ? :D

PirateShampoo infracted for arguing with moderation in-thread.

TalkieWalkie - you're only just back. Don't repeat the mistake.

So...But well done to the two of you....thread now locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement