Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barringtons Pier

Options
  • 01-06-2010 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

On an evening like today, walking down the newly paved path by the clonmacken road really make you appreciate the place, had a sit down in barringtons and it really stands out as a bit of a delapitated pit. a nice park is across the road too;

i think the place could do with a revamp like what they did with the park near the treaty stone.

was there earlier and there were people fishing, sitting down and relaxing, taking pictures, it really would benefit the whole community if it was done up

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,310 ✭✭✭✭phog

Yes, since the built the Condell road this place is almost forgotton by the local authority.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

I don't know.

Money is tight, and we can sit down and enjoy the place as it is, no?

I like to relax in the sunshine myself from time to time on the pier. Nice views and very tranquil.

They might have extended the new surfacing a bit further on the path alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭dave 27

topper75 wrote: »
    I don't know.

I like to relax in the sunshine myself from time to time on the pier. Nice views and very tranquil.

ah true but i mean if you look at what they did with both the strands and the city centre pedestrianisation surely they can come up with something to make it nicer? also if they can tarmack a path from clonmacken roundabout all the way to the pier and past then surely they can afford this?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,310 ✭✭✭✭phog

topper75 wrote: »
    I don't know.

They threw money at the Condell Road and the bus lane, a small percentage of this would have done a fine job or the area around the pier.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Have to agree, I often take a stroll to Barringston Pier and feel its worthy of a facelift, on a lovely day the backround of the city makes a fantastic photo and would be a great place to take a boat trip from...mite get used more than the waste of space called a bus lane which is hardly ever used...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

Always wondered why they put in lamp posts on the pier. I mean on a dark winters night why would anyone be there and on a summers evening it's bright anyway.

Always wondered why they put in lamp posts on the pier. I mean on a dark winters night why would anyone be there and on a summers evening it's bright anyway.

I didnt notice the lamps..in fact i was thinking they should put in some when i was there yesterday as it would make the place a bit safer..like the little park near the treaty stone

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭manna452121

The new pathway from clonmacken was carried out by the people doing the tunnel.Some time back the corp gave planning for houses near the river side of the condell rd near clonmacken and a new road was also aproved.if they houses ever get started the new pathway will be dug up.

i highly doubt that would ever be given planning permission..there was plans on building apartments etc there a few years back but got rejected as it would have had an impact on the wildlife reserve there..

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭bonnieprince

i live nearby and there are nearly always scumbags in vests supping cheap cider when the sun comes out, so normally avoid it. i hope i am not referring to anyone on this thread ;)
    the views are very nice and there is a new walkway up towards roundabout before Coonagh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭manna452121

The permission was granted to build houses at both sides of the condell rd just before the clonmacken roundabout.The apartments were to be built near the wildlife santuary at westfields.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭phill106

Probably put in the lights for safety. I recall a young girl being attacked there a year or 2 ago.

i have to say i havent noticed any scummer up by the pier any time im there, there is certainly plenty of graffitti there, anytime im there theres always couples, fishermen, old people, always there so nothing that iv seen, maybe that happens in the park across the way but i would imagine they would be harmless, just out to enjoy the sun

Advertisement