Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roger Waters - The Wall Live

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

CiaranK wrote: »
    They are different prices.

Seated; €59.80-€88.25
    Standing; €69.70

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/180044BCC4343A5C?artistid=736426&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

I bought online.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

RayCon wrote: »
    Dont want to sound too pedantic but that wasn't Roger Waters you seen in 1988 .... Pink Floyd yes , Waters no ...

Well you know what I mean Ray.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

I wonder if the lower prices for this gig is down to the lenght of the show. Just playing The Wall album will take around 90 minutes. His previous shows were well over two hours.

I still have my tickets bought though, show be a brilliant gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I bought two tickets and won two:D
    Just had a look at ticketmaster and it looks like only standing tickets are left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

magnumlady wrote: »
    I bought two tickets and won two:D
    Just had a look at ticketmaster and it looks like only standing tickets are left.

And crappy seated ones at the back. I got standing though for once would have preferred seating to have the panoramic view of the wall being built. Just to be there however will be brilliant.

I bought two seated ones (block K) which isn't great and I booked online as soon as the tickets went on sale.
    Not sure about the ones I won. I presume they are standing.

I bought two seated ones (block K) which isn't great and I booked online as soon as the tickets went on sale.
    Not sure about the ones I won. I presume they are standing.

Where did you win them? When I won Mark Knopfler tickets from O2 Blueroom they were pretty decent and included access to the VIP bar.

I won them from Tony Fentons show on Today FM.

I won them from Tony Fentons show on Today FM.

Nice one. Well I reakon they will definately be better than Block K!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Damn! So are the seats in Block K a load of rubbish then, i've not been to the 02 yet? I went for the €86 tickets, got offered Block G first then went back in got Block K. So if Blocks G and K are crap, why are they the most expensive tickets?

Block K isn't the worst of the seats but it is at the back. Hope you are not afraid of heights!

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭sabrewulf

It freaks me out it that we usually pay up to 70% more for the same shows than in all other European countries... But look at this:

http://www.koka36.de/the%20wall%20-%20roger%20waters_ticket_36640.html

From € 79.80 up to € 238.50 !!!

:D

sabrewulf wrote: »
    It freaks me out it that we usually pay up to 70% more for the same shows than in all other European countries... But look at this:

http://www.koka36.de/the%20wall%20-%20roger%20waters_ticket_36640.html

From € 79.80 up to € 238.50 !!!

:D

Crikey! Hope the €79.80 ones comes with binoculars!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Second show been added for May 24th, Tix on sale Thurs June 19th

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/latest_news?tm_link=tm_homeA_news1

johnnykilo wrote: »
    Damn! So are the seats in Block K a load of rubbish then, i've not been to the 02 yet? I went for the €86 tickets, got offered Block G first then went back in got Block K. So if Blocks G and K are crap, why are they the most expensive tickets?

That's what happened me too.
    I would have thought that K would have been cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Ive sat at the rear of the O2 for Neil Young and its not bad at all.

The Wall show is best viewed from a distance and a seat at the rear is much better than at the extreme sides.

For me standing is not an option. Its a long show and a seat is essential.

Seen Waters twice and Im going to the 2 Dublin "Wall" shows.

Any first timers are in for a thrill, big time!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

What do people think the chances are of him playing other stuff other than the wall. On the 'Dark Side...' tour he played for about an hour or so before he did dark side then he did an encore. Because it is a double album I can't see him diong a set before but I think he might do an encore, what are peoples thoughts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Im hoping he does go outside of the Wall albums but as u say theres plenty of matieral there for one concert. Hopefully hell still do a few tracks from Dark Side in the encore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

I think it's just The Wall album, nothing else. I watched an interview with him on Brain Damage website and I'm sure he mentions that.

• Advertisement

I thought that. Although one can hope, Hahaha.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

David Gilmour and Roger Waters have gigged together AGAIN, at a charity event in the UK last night.

If ya dont believe me, look here:

http://www.pinkfloydz.com/

This, of course, will lead to the inevitable rumours of a Pink Floyd reunion tour despite the relatively recent death of original Floyd keyboardist Richard Wright.

It's fairly common knowledge that both Waters and Floyd drummer Nick Mason would be well up for it and that it's Gilmour who is now the main stumbling block.
    Still, time is a great healer and people, even aging rock icons, mellow.....

We can but dream....

Might be an idea to get yer Rog tickets for the O2 next May.....

Wow, that looks great! Wish I was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Doubt we will ever see Floyd again in any guise without Richard, but what I and many would love to see is David Gilmour playing a track or two during the upcoming Wall concerts. Comfortably Numb is David's trademark solo so watching others play it is not the same.

Comfortably Numb may be what most people know DG for....but some of us old-timers remember his iconic solo on "Time" from Dark Side of The Moon.

My personal favourite is only about 35 seconds long - it's the very very sad solo from the title track of "The Final Cut" which itself is IMHO PF's most under-rated album. If I could play just one DG solo perfectly, this is the one I'd pick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2e-yO6_FbtI

It has been his trademark solo for a long time. I saw him in the National Stadium in 1984 on the About Face tour and it was his encore then and remained so for a long time. I bought DSOTM in 1976 and Meddle well before that and my favourite piece is echoes which I was lucky enough to hear live a few years ago in the RAH on the On an Island tour. But you are the oldie.:p

I saw him in the Stadium in 1984 also...31st March to be exact....and I met Kate Bush there too....and the then Mrs Gilmour, Ginger....

I particularly like the crescendo in Echoes....

Billy Bragg did support. Was a great night in the Stadium, still have my ticket stub.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Great news this, it has to happen sometime surely. A reunified Floyd tour might be out of the question though -Gilmour & Waters would kill each other. Still though , first Live 8, now this, both events are certainly good news for Floyd fans=)

Advertisement