Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roger Waters - The Wall Live

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

got my tickets bigok.gif

where are you coming from?

Kildare. Wouldn't mind so much only I am up for work at 6am tomorrow and Tuesday morning so not getting home til 2am isn't appealing. Did that for Eric Clapton 2 weeks ago and while of course I loved the concert I was shattered.com for days after! Do anyone know the duration of the concert?

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Savage_Henry

my suggestion is get straight to airport and then take airport express via port tunnel to busaras.
    it should end around 11pm i think - by then all the restrictions should be cleared

Good idea. I'll check the Luas website tomorrow and decide then. Once it is finished by 11pm I might just make the midnight bus home. Advantage of standing is I can move to the back for the last couple of songs and then leg it. At least with a show like this there will be no encores!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Looking forward to this, i'm at the tuesday gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

AII hope this doesnt contravene the touting rules, but I have two standing tickets for tomorrows show, the 23rd, and am looking to swap for sears. Anywhere in arena would be great, can pay difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Only hours to go .... :cool: ... hope I don't spend the majority of them in Obama related traffic :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

I'm hoping to arrive through the tunnel,I hope it's not closed for security reasons :rolleyes:

Getting the bus to the Red Cow in an hour and think I will be ok with stoppages as their website states 5pm, 7.15pm and 10pm as expected times and I should arrive in Dublin around 6. It is so handy that the Luas goes all the way to The O2. Roll on 8pm and the show we have waited a year for!

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭GampDub

I work in the IFSC along the Quays! Road blocks are only in place up to Jurys Inn on the Quays... everything after that is fine! Samuel Beckett bridge is open as is the Port Tunnel.

Restrictions are expected to be lifted by 9.30 as Obama's last public engagement is to be finished by around 6.30! Only problem then will be Post Speech traffic....

Really really looking forward to tonights show... should be a good one!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

Could someone let me know if there is unreserved seating for the people who have standing tickets? Going tomorrow night and need to know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭dolittle

no unreserved seating i reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Words fail me.

Everything was ****ing perfect.

45/10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Going tomorrow night, cannot wait!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

This was without a doubt the best concert I have ever been to! My first gig was Roger in 07 and I thought it couldn't be beat. Well it has. I'll say no more as not to spoil the surprise for people going tomorrow. I'd say that would be a good idea for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Hugely disappointed with the sound in the first half ... absolutely abysmal from where I was located (Standing to the left of the arena). Didn't help being surrounded by drunk muppets trying to sing along , do the sound effects and laugh amongst each other when they got them wrong.

Second half much better when I relocated myself to a more central location on the floor and the sound was improved.

Visually stunning show 10/10 - 5/10 for the sound.

My fav bit ... iPaint - I laughed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Loved every minute of it. I've never seen Roger live before and was impressed. He's oddly charismatic :eek: I'd have gladly slapped the muppets sitting in front of me who started chattering half way through the show though :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Omega28

will someone please return my jaw from the O2?!:D I'm still in shock and will be for sometime!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Another epic concert!!!!:eek: Incredible performance by all involved and RW up'ed the ante yet again..!!! Sadly a lot of drunken dickheads who thought they could elbow their way to the front...... led to a tussle with punches flyin'!!!!!:rolleyes: Don't know why they can't arrive on time like the rest of us!! Was chuffed to find a better viewing point during the interval and enjoyed the second part immensely! As good as it gets for me!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

That was the greatest show I've ever seen. I was blown away, and as dylanmc111 said, it will be sometime before I recover from just how mindblowing it was.

Just phenomenal

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Bassboxxx

If I was busy I'd be back down there tomorrow night for another go...that'd prob make it 1 and 2 on my top gigs ever!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Omega28

im half tempted to go back down myself!

Any cheap tickets for tomorrow night floatin' around?????:D

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Bassboxxx

Gridlock wrote: »
    Any cheap tickets for tomorrow night floatin' around?????:D

I was takin to a lad buying/selling tickets tonight and he was buying them outside for 20/30 euro and tomorrow isn't even sold out, so I reckon you're near sure u'll get a cheep one outside just b4 kick off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭zephyrz

Love to be going, perfect concert for a few joints

Bassboxxx wrote: »
    I was takin to a lad buying/selling tickets tonight and he was buying them outside for 20/30 euro and tomorrow isn't even sold out, so I reckon you're near sure u'll get a cheep one outside just b4 kick off

Cheers, might try that....mate is driving in so handy for a lift home!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

was down near enough to the front and the funny thing was that its probably too close to get the full effect...very tempted to try for a seated ticket tonight.

oddly enough im not that big a fan of the wall as an album :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭bdr529

F**king Awesome!

except for the bell end in front of me that asked the guy beside him very loudly 'whats this all about?'
    guy replies ' its the Wall, the live show of the album'
    bell end asks..............'whats the album called?'

and some other twat wandering around shouting for Jessica

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

This was the best concert I've ever seen and, I'm fairly certain, that I'll ever see. It was incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

The best value-per-Euro concert I've ever seen. Every cent spent was writ large on the stage. It's unfortunate if some people experienced bad sound, or - worse - idiots in the crowd, but I think the vast majority would agree that it was in a league of its own. I was in Block E and had a great view and no complaints, sound-wise.
    I also loved the way there were so many young kids at it. Clearly, their trendy parents have educated them well, and tutored them in the ways of the Floyd, but if it was their first concert, they're going to be left disappointed when all subsequent shows don't have flying pigs and giant exploding walls.

Gig of the year.
    That is not opinion, but fact.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

bdr529 wrote: »
    ... and some other twat wandering around shouting for Jessica

Did he think he was at The Allman Brothers? :D

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

Advertisement