Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roger Waters - The Wall Live

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭stratowide

You will always get the idiot brigade at gigs and always will..A spectaular show,my OH jumped when the pushed over the wall toward's the end.
    Well worth seeing..A belated Christmas present.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

musicmania wrote: »
    Here is link to my photos from last night. As I was at the front I was unable to get photos which spanned the entire stage, hence why I would have liked to have been in the seated area.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150203233793401.316465.708703400&l=cf032f31e6

Brilliant shots there! Thanks for posting, Well done! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

Noticed this on www.brain-damage.co.uk

Night thirty-six of the tour, and the first of two nights in Ireland. We got reports from the show at Intermission that the show wasn't going entirely to plan...for some reason, the volume was very low, which resulted in the crowd crying out for it to be turned up! Hopefully this will be addressed for tomorrow evening's show at the same venue, although it might be a regulatory requirement of the local authorities, restricting the overall volume. If you went to this show in Dublin, please let us know what you thought of the event, and if anything interesting or different happened if you've been to previous shows and can compare.

Hopefully the sound will be improved tonight. Despite what others have said in this thread, and considering I wasn't there last night, IMO there is no comparison between the sound in The Point and The O2. The sound in the O2 is amazing, the sound in The Point was rubbish, you could hear more on your way in than you could when you were in the building.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭pinkfloyd34

marwelie wrote: »
    Noticed this on www.brain-damage.co.uk

Night thirty-six of the tour, and the first of two nights in Ireland. We got reports from the show at Intermission that the show wasn't going entirely to plan...for some reason, the volume was very low, which resulted in the crowd crying out for it to be turned up! Hopefully this will be addressed for tomorrow evening's show at the same venue, although it might be a regulatory requirement of the local authorities, restricting the overall volume. If you went to this show in Dublin, please let us know what you thought of the event, and if anything interesting or different happened if you've been to previous shows and can compare.

Hopefully the sound will be improved tonight. Despite what others have said in this thread, and considering I wasn't there last night, IMO there is no comparison between the sound in The Point and The O2. The sound in the O2 is amazing, the sound in The Point was rubbish, you could hear more on your way in than you could when you were in the building.

well my 2 cents worth about the sound was if i was under the balcony i couldnt hear a thing, it was like the balcony was drowning out the sound and then i had to move forward with the other few thousand people and this resulted in kind of crush the nearer you got to the stage, so i just put up with it which in this day and age and the price of the ticket you should be getting the ultimate experience

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

at 1.50 you can hear the crowd chanting "turn it up, turn it up"

• Advertisement

Here is link to my photos from last night. As I was at the front I was unable to get photos which spanned the entire stage, hence why I would have liked to have been in the seated area.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150203233793401.316465.708703400&l=cf032f31e6

your pictures are absolutley amazing, brought back a few memories that i had forgotten about from a few drinks, thanks for sharing them

Have to say , hearing Roger slip into a "top o' the morning" type accent is rather disappointing ... Im glad I was standing in the area that couldn't hear what he was saying at the time .... :eek:

.. also at the end of the show , he slipped into it again when asking the crowd "did ya have the craic ?" ... very ****in insulting - I expected more from Roger Waters.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

CiaranK wrote: »

Thanks Ciaran!

RE the sound issues. As I was at the front I didn't notice it but I did notice a considerable difference in the second half. I had heard the chanting at the start but thought it was something to do with the show. Such a shame for this to happen for some people. I agree with pinkfloyd34 that the balcony could be a problem as when we were at the Def Leppard/Whitenake gig 2 years ago while at the front the sound was perfect but when we moved to the back for the encores for a quick exit I was stunned at the difference. Will be interesting to hear what people going tonight will have to say about it.

RayCon wrote: »
    at 1.50 you can hear the crowd chanting "turn it up, turn it up"

i didnt hear a word of that at the concert

Have to say , hearing Roger slip into a "top o' the morning" type accent is rather disappointing ... Im glad I was standing in the area that couldn't hear what he was saying at the time .... :eek:

.. also at the end of the show , he slipped into it again when asking the crowd "did ya have the craic ?" ... very ****in insulting - I expected more from Roger Waters.

ah no, when in rome do as the romans do, when im in another country i try to say please and thank you in their language and you get a more positve reaction, he was just trying to have the 'craic' in my opinion

• Advertisement

Bring back the mean ****ed up Roger - it was the black heart that produced the best stuff ;)

Bring back the mean ****ed up Roger - it was the black heart that produced the best stuff ;)

well that is true, he wouldnt sell out the o2 doing his solo stuff, maybe the fuc... up roger brought out his best lyrics

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

your pictures are absolutley amazing, brought back a few memories that i had forgotten about from a few drinks, thanks for sharing them

Just seen this now, thanks!

Well he didn't need the black heart last night. His enthusiam and effort were amazing. I've gone to a lot of concerts in my time and I've rarely witnessed someone giving so much effort to the performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

well that is true, he wouldnt sell out the o2 doing his solo stuff, maybe the fuc... up roger brought out his best lyrics

ehh he did sell out the point with his solo stuff?? :confused:

Bambi wrote: »
    ehh he did sell out the point with his solo stuff?? :confused:

i was at the three of them,
    in the flesh
    dark side of the moon
    the wall
    the first two were mixtures of solo stuff and pink floyd stuff but there wasnt a tour based on one of his solo albums, if last night was a radio kaos night do you think it would have sold out?

Just seen this now, thanks!

Well he didn't need the black heart last night. His enthusiam and effort were amazing. I've gone to a lot of concerts in my time and I've rarely witnessed someone giving so much effort to the performance.

your welcome, i cant imagine him not giving 100% enthusiam, when he was at the marquee in cork and there was a problem with the power in the middle of the show it really bugged him and he was so apologethic, you could tell that all he wanted was to produce a good show for his audience

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Brilliant gig, we snuck upstairs after a few songs and it was a far better experience from there..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Poco90

I was there last night. It was both brilliant and terrible at the same time. We had trouble getting to the O2 because of the president so we were at the back left. The sound was terrible, like the other posters I also found it muffled and low. I was in nearly the exact spot 2 years ago for ACDC and the sound was brilliant. Luckly with the intermission we had the chance to move near the middle for the 2nd half, which turned out to be brilliant. The first half was such a let down especially after seeing his last two gigs. Hope too that it is fixed for the people tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Fantastic gig, the best "show" I've seen and the first time I've left feeling I got value for money because I doubt the show is cheap to produce! I was on the left and I was just underneath the start of the balcony sound was a little low during his chat and Mother but the rest was good!! Some of the stuff going on was mesmerising! I'm delighted I didn't watch any of the videos! Also loved the puppets!

Have a question though, how did the blocks of the wall work with showing the image? It wasn't a projector otherwise it would make a silhouette and blind the performers! And the blocks would be fitted in lace and the turn on! Just wondering if anybody know about the tech side of it!

If I had the money I'd have gone tonight...think I might save for a gig in June in UK or Europe!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭EggsAckley

That was rather good. Forgotten how funky it is in a lot of places

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

Amazing visuals. Poor accoustics.
    And to be honest, I think I'll stick to listening to it. All came across as a musical led by a drunk uncle at a wedding who won't let the microphone go. His band and singers I thought were ordinary. Like a cover band.

Saw him in the Marquee in '07 and it was an amazing show.
    I never grumble about gigs but was a little disappointed with Monday.

So what if he mimics an Irish accent?? A little thin-skinned methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I thought it was funny. It almost seemed like he didn't even mean to. And it was insulting at all. You may as well have a go at Obama and the Queen for speaking a bit of Irish. It was all a bit of fun. :)
    Beekay wrote:
    Have a question though, how did the blocks of the wall work with showing the image? It wasn't a projector otherwise it would make a silhouette and blind the performers! And the blocks would be fitted in lace and the turn on! Just wondering if anybody know about the tech side of it!
    I'm thinking it was a projector hooked up to a computer that could choose when and where bits of the projection were shown. I was well impressed with how that was done, and would love to know for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭blueyedson

CiaranK wrote: »

Well done man brilliant pics, brings back the memories.

Was there monday, thought it was a great show. stood on the wings right hand side ,sound was grand to me. Anyone got any good film of it to post up?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭MollyZ

Beekay wrote: »

This article from the Brain Damage site might answer some of your tech questions: http://www.scribd.com/doc/54141808/Roger-Waters-the-Wall-Brain-Damage?secret_password=155qewo1koj9du4rb4ke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

I really can't understand some of the negative criticism the show is receiving. I was there last night and it was the best gig I've ever been to. Roger Waters is God!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Omega28

I really can't understand some of the negative criticism the show is receiving. I was there last night and it was the best gig I've ever been to. Roger Waters is God!

no matter how good or amazing a show is, you will always find people that will moan and say "i was disappointed blah blah"

these people just like to moan about something, my gf who didn't even know who Roger Waters is was stunned at how great the show was, keep in mind my gf would be a lady gaga/top 40 music lover.

If your disappointed by this show well then don't go to gigs, simple as.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

I was so disappointed/impressed with the show on Monday, I went in on spec yesterday and picked up a ticket outside the Point for below face value and went again. This time I went in just after seven and stood at the sound desk, pretty much dead centre and it was a far better experience. The sound was brilliant, and of course the rest was spectacular. Apart from the obligatory occasional drunk moron (included as part of the ticket, it seems), I couldn't fault it.

As an aside, I'm currently looking at a programme and ticket from one of the original Earl's Court Wall shows that one of the guys in work brought in to show me. Very jealous! :D

Dylanmc111 wrote: »
    no matter how good or amazing a show is, you will always find people that will moan and say "i was disappointed blah blah"

these people just like to moan about something, my gf who didn't even know who Roger Waters is was stunned at how great the show was, keep in mind my gf would be a lady gaga/top 40 music lover.

If your disappointed by this show well then don't go to gigs, simple as.
    Rubbish. I certainly didn't post just for the sake of moaning like the typical sooky Paddy.
    It was visually brilliant but I found the sound far too muted (for want of a better word) compared to other gigs I've been to and other gigs by the man himself.

No biggie. He's still a ledge and so is the album.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭Deregos

Nor can I understand the negativity . .That show is simply superb. :)

Advertisement