Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roger Waters - The Wall Live

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

musicmania wrote: »
    Even if it was fully seated the drink issue would still have been there. I was absolutely gobsmacked when during Eric Clapton's show 2 weeks ago The O2 had those guys with the back packs walking around DURING the concert selling beer. It really gets on my nerves and when I went to complain after another show a while back I couldn't find how to conctact them on their website!!

Anyway enough about that. It will continue whether we like it or not. My review of Monday's show has being published on Drop-d.

http://www.drop-d.ie/roger-waters-the-wall-the-o2-dublin/16438

Ahh jaysus I had a few whiskeys at it my self but had an stumble free and enjoyable night (brilliant).

I cant give out about the drink supplied inside as there is always a percentage of fools that will drink their night into oblivion.

We had a great night with a few drinks and a mighty show. Most nobs falling around weren't getting pissed on €6.00 pints inside..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

I just remembered, my only problem with the gig was that I was seated in the upper level near an exit, and the amount of people that stopped on the way in or out beside the exits to view the concert from there was unreal. One actually got píssed off when we told him to move. Surprised they don't have stewards stationed there, even to help people get to their seats.
    musicmania wrote: »
    Even if it was fully seated the drink issue would still have been there. I was absolutely gobsmacked when during Eric Clapton's show 2 weeks ago The O2 had those guys with the back packs walking around DURING the concert selling beer. It really gets on my nerves and when I went to complain after another show a while back I couldn't find how to conctact them on their website!!

Anyway enough about that. It will continue whether we like it or not. My review of Monday's show has being published on Drop-d.

http://www.drop-d.ie/roger-waters-the-wall-the-o2-dublin/16438

They had those guys selling beer at Roger Waters too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭flas

for the tuesday gig they installed 4 new rigs for the sound in the building, so the sound was a hell of a lot better...was wroking at it and the monday night was on the ground floor level, poor enough sound, on second night was on upper levels and the sounds was nuts, i actually jumped when the helicopter started up on the second night! some gig doh, and for free was even better!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Comer1

We went on Tuesday night and I must say it was an awsome show. We were up at the very back almost directly in front of the stage and the sound was great. The view from back there was excellent too as being so far back let us take in the whole stage/wall. We were up pretty high though and I was afraid they might be forced to close some of the back rows because of the ash cloud from the Islandic volcano:rolleyes:

Did anybody else suspect that Roger did not sing The Trial live?

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

Comer1 wrote: »
    We were up pretty high though and I was afraid they might be forced to close some of the back rows because of the ash cloud from the Islandic volcano

Hahaha

I'd be pretty sure he did sing it live.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭jaydigity

Yeah I'd never thought about it before - who does all those voices?! I got quite a surprise to see Roger doing the whole lot himself! I looked it up anyway after and yep, apparently it's legit!

I know he does all the voices, it just sounded a bit too pitch perfect (in comparison to all other songs) to me to be live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

I know he does all the voices, it just sounded a bit too pitch perfect (in comparison to all other songs) to me to be live.

Look the guy is getting on and anyone who knows anything about him knows his voice is gone years. He could have been live but the reality is he has to use software of some description to correct the issue. The show was mind-blowing and i'd have paid double to see it without hesitation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Was there on the Monday night, standing on the right-hand side. Definitely noticed a delay on his lips moving and the vocals during The Trial. I thought it might be some technical reason, but lips/vocal were in perfect sync for the remainder.

So definitely something going on...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I was at the Monday show. Brilliant. However I will NEVER EVER stand in the O2 again. I couldn't see the stage very well, and I was surrounded by punters who just wanted to drink, get drunk, and go to the toilet every two minutes. It's much easier to tolerate from a seat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Savage_Henry

Ally Dick wrote: »
    I was at the Monday show. Brilliant. However I will NEVER EVER stand in the O2 again. I couldn't see the stage very well, and I was surrounded by punters who just wanted to drink, get drunk, and go to the toilet every two minutes. It's much easier to tolerate from a seat
    dunno, i was in the front for the first part - ~6th row and it was perfect - no drunk guys, no toilet goers. Went to toilet in the intermission and couldnt get back to front then, so had to watch from the back - which was ok as then they had all the projections on the wall mostly and being in the back was ok for that reason.

Never understood all the drinking in concerts anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Someone shouted out "Stand still laddie !" with a Scottish accent just before the show. I was doubled up with the laughing

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Chuky Dandy

Was near the back standing on the monday night and the sound was rubbish and the view wasn't great. It was like watching a gig on youtube, except I was surrounded by drunken idiots who were singing the wrong words and chatting, and they were louder than Roger Waters. Then someone spilled a full pint over me, and just looked at me. During the intermission, we moved up closer to the stage, and the second half was much more enjoyable, the sound was much better. They seemed to oversell the venue that night. I have been standing at a few sold-out gigs in the O2, and there was always loads of space, and never had a problem getting reasonably close to the stage. Not this time, there were definitely a lot more people at this concert than any other I've been to in the O2. Its not good enough really when you spend €80 for a ticket and are looking forward to a gig for a full year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Someone shouted out "Stand still laddie !" with a Scottish accent just before the show. I was doubled up with the laughing

:pac:

(HOW can ye have any pudding if ye don't :pac:eat yer meat???)

FWIW, I'd willingly pay to see&hear it again from a good vantage point

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Micheal H

Was near the back standing on the monday night and the sound was rubbish and the view wasn't great. It was like watching a gig on youtube, except I was surrounded by drunken idiots who were singing the wrong words and chatting, and they were louder than Roger Waters. Then someone spilled a full pint over me, and just looked at me. During the intermission, we moved up closer to the stage, and the second half was much more enjoyable, the sound was much better. They seemed to oversell the venue that night. I have been standing at a few sold-out gigs in the O2, and there was always loads of space, and never had a problem getting reasonably close to the stage. Not this time, there were definitely a lot more people at this concert than any other I've been to in the O2. Its not good enough really when you spend €80 for a ticket and are looking forward to a gig for a full year.

It wasn't oversold. It just seemed that way because the area taken up by the stage was much greater than usual, thus forcing people further back the venue, leading to the poor sound and obstructed viewing problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

Micheal H wrote: »
    It wasn't oversold. It just seemed that way because the area taken up by the stage was much greater than usual, thus forcing people further back the venue, leading to the poor sound and obstructed viewing problems.

Eh, OK - so it was oversold for those circumstances, then

I think it counts as oversold if we are forced back too far to properly hear or see the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Micheal H

I think it counts as oversold if we are forced back too far to properly hear or see the gig.

No it doesn't. Overselling the venue means it is above its capacity - which it wasn't. Certainly the design/layout of the place is flawed when it comes to catering for that type of concert, but when you say the venue is oversold you're implying that they broke the law.

No it doesn't. Overselling the venue means it is above its capacity - which it wasn't. Certainly the design/layout of the place is flawed when it comes to catering for that type of concert, but when you say the venue is oversold you're implying that they broke the law.

I think we're splitting hairs here. I mean oversold as in they shouldn't have sold as many tickets as they did considering they hadn't catered for sound/vision problems that would occur because of the reduced space.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Selling the same number of tickets when there is less space available sounds like overselling to me. Just because the back row wasn't crushed up against the bar doesn't change that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭pinkfloyd34

he is back in North America after the South America leg and looks like he has a few Stadiums in these legs, I wonder is there plans for another European tour, could he come back to Ireland? Maybe play Thomand Park or Marley Park or RDS type venue?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭sagem

Oh my god,it was the best gig i have ever witnessed,we had great seats,could see almost everything and the sound from where we were was fantastic.I was so happy to see the wall show,what a blast,pink floyd have inspired me to the point that i have started my own tribute band called GREENFLOYD,nothing like the real thing but i enjoy doing it,check it out http://youtu.be/mM5qeRuiNn0 the best to all roger waters,pink floyd fans have a great christmas,sagem

Any word of these concerts being released on DVD/Blu-Ray?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

I haven't seen anything official, but I believe that the London shows will be amalgiamted into the one show. I really hope so, it was on of the best concerts I've ever been to!

There's a dvd floating about which is a combination of fan footage of a few shows in America, it's alright, just missing that "something" in terms of production / quality / finishing which differenciates it from what an official dvd would have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

The final shows on the 2011 European tour (Greece) were filmed for DVD release.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,970 ✭✭✭furiousox

According to Radio Nova he's bringing the show back to the Aviva in September 2013

http://www.mcd.ie/homepage_slideshow.html

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Wow,

As much as i enjoyed it, cant see this at all. Dont think i would go again but would he get close to filling the stadium?

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭pinkfloyd34

brilliant news, I was never in the Aviva for a concert, just wondering what would be the best option - a seated or standing ticket, I was standing in the O2 and feel I didnt get the best from the concert as views and sound were restricted

It's a spectacular show and you get your money's worth (tickets approx €70-€110, according to TicketB@stard), I'd go again even though I was at both nights in the Point. I don't think it will sell out, certainly not immediately, although I can see a lot of tickets being bought as Christmas presents.

• Advertisement

brilliant news, I was never in the Aviva for a concert, just wondering what would be the best option - a seated or standing ticket, I was standing in the O2 and feel I didnt get the best from the concert as views and sound were restricted

You must have been under the balcony? The sound there, especially the first night, was utterly atrocious!

Advertisement