Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roger Waters - The Wall Live

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭pinkfloyd34

blastman wrote: »
    You must have been under the balcony? The sound there, especially the first night, was utterly atrocious!

Yes blastman, I was for the first half under the balcony but managed to get closer for the second half when I realised what was wrong, I would have bought a seated ticket if i had have known but sometimes rather the standing tickets, its hard to know which is better

• Registered Users Posts: 6,970 ✭✭✭furiousox

I was at both shows in the O2 with standing tickets.
    The sound was terrible on the first night alright but better on the second (I think they added more speakers)
    I reckon I'd have been better off with a seated ticket on that occasion to take in the full spectacle of the show.
    Having said that I think I'll go for a standing ticket again for the Aviva as you'll be further away from the stage this time.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Just wrote of to Santa for a ticket for this one. He better come good

• Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Once you're not The Little Boy That Santa Claus Forgot.

(deliberate reference)

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Ha ha very good

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Has anyone any experience on gigs in the Aviva? I think I'll probably go with a seating ticket regardless, but are there any notoriously bad sounding areas to avoid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

It was brilliant in The Point, one of the best concerts I've ever been too.

Do I really need to see it again so soon?

I would have preferred just a normal show where he could change the set around a bit or perhaps play the whole of "Amused to Death".

It's The Wall, I know exactly whats going to happen, it can't really be changed can it?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

mcd_productions
    Waters iconic images will be projected over 1000 bricks.The wide Wall stadium show will have 41 state-of-the-art video projectors! #TheWall

ozzy jr wrote: »
    It was brilliant in The Point, one of the best concerts I've ever been too.

Do I really need to see it again so soon?

I would have preferred just a normal show where he could change the set around a bit or perhaps play the whole of "Amused to Death".

It's The Wall, I know exactly whats going to happen, it can't really be changed can it?

Completely up to you but imo it's the biggest and best live production ever staged and it's probably the last opportunity to see it (until the dvd is released :D)

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭budgemook

Was at the Dark Side of the Moon gig in 2007 (I think) but missed The Wall last time. Have to get to this. Wonder how long tickets will last. Many standing tickets in The Aviva?

• Advertisement

If you register with rogerwaters.com you can get presale tickets.
    No British dates on the tour yet, wonder will he add any?

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

furiousox wrote: »
    If you register with rogerwaters.com you can get presale tickets.
    No British dates on the tour yet, wonder will he add any?

Rumours are of a date in Hyde Park.

Just got 5 tkts in the pre sale, front of stage standing, 95 euro each.

Possible London date on floyd fan site (not confirmed though ;))

605BA47EA2D94A2BBAB7D44AFCFC2179-0000336305-0003071444-00450L-97AAB795D477491D92733E73E5387067.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I wanted seated, but presale tickets just say "blocks 103-126, rows f-v".
    You're given your actual seat number in a few weeks. Not sure if its worth doing that, you could be given a seat in the far corner of the stadium in block 119. I think I'll wait till ticketmaster have them onsale.

AvivaConcertMap.png

rednik wrote: »
    Just got 5 tkts in the pre sale, front of stage standing, 95 euro each.

Possible London date on floyd fan site (not confirmed though ;))

605BA47EA2D94A2BBAB7D44AFCFC2179-0000336305-0003071444-00450L-97AAB795D477491D92733E73E5387067.jpg

Where is the presale? Link?

You must register on this site first and then get the link mailed to you.

http://www.roger-waters.com/

It's on the bottom of that page, here:
    http://tickets.rogerwaters.com/

Got it. 2 general standing tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

saw the full pink floyd perform the wall in earls court in london in the 1980s just thouht i would throw that in !! it was probably the greatest concert i have ever seen, which includes thin lizzy live at hammersmith odeon ( thee live and dangerous album )

dharn wrote: »
    saw the full pink floyd perform the wall in earls court in london in the 1980s just thouht i would throw that in !! it was probably the greatest concert i have ever seen, which includes thin lizzy live at hammersmith odeon ( thee live and dangerous album )
    Roger Waters gig in the point last year was probably the best I was at, can only imagine what proper pink floyd was like.
    Perfect sound where I was sitting btw

• Advertisement

Interesting.
    How does the new show compare to the original?

CPL 593H

cant say as i have not been to roger waters live, but having seen footage and bought the pulse dvd i recon the original group/ production was way ahead, esp when you consider what other concerts in the early 1980s were like watching the floyd performance was like entering a new world !

cant say as i have not been to roger waters live, but having seen footage and bought the pulse dvd i recon the original group/ production was way ahead, esp when you consider what other concerts in the early 1980s were like watching the floyd performance was like entering a new world !

Pulse was Dave Gilmore and Co. though. Personally I think what Roger Waters has been doing, Dark Side of the Moon and what I've seen of The Wall, is better than the Pulse performance.

you are right of course dave gilmore, ya rodger waters is probably closer to the original floyd sound and of course they are all older now so voices will not be as good as 30 years ago ( Rod stewart anyone )

budgemook wrote: »
    Pulse was Dave Gilmore and Co. though. Personally I think what Roger Waters has been doing, Dark Side of the Moon and what I've seen of The Wall, is better than the Pulse performance.

The Earls Court concerts were fantastic, what was captured on DVD does not capture anything of what the gigs were really liike.

rednik wrote: »
    The Earls Court concerts were fantastic, what was captured on DVD does not capture anything of what the gigs were really liike.

wer you there, ? if so we are getting old , just realised it is over 30 years ago AAAAAAAH :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭PG4000

I was looking at buying the "Gold Circle" tickets this morning but would it not be a bit of a disadvantage being in front of the stage? You won't get the full impact of the show if you're that close considering it is being scaled up for the stadium tour. Somewhere in the middle of the pitch would almost be ideal?

Open to be proven wrong here by the way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

PG4000 wrote: »
    I was looking at buying the "Gold Circle" tickets this morning but would it not be a bit of a disadvantage being in front of the stage? You won't get the full impact of the show if you're that close considering it is being scaled up for the stadium tour. Somewhere in the middle of the pitch would almost be ideal?

Yeah, you need to be back to see the full show properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Bazsutto

Gold circle entitles you to access to main standing also, so u have the choice

Personally went for the gold circle myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭MollyZ

I went to this in the O2 both nights last time - one night seated and the other standing right at the barrier. I don't think one is necessarily better than the other but they were different. I did miss some stuff of the effects standing at the barrier, but it was great to see the band close up and the best memory I have from the two nights was standing right in front of the wall when it came down - that was something else! So I would say it depends on what you want from the show. This time I want to get a seat right at the very back of the stadium because I haven't seen it from that sort of distance and it'll be a different way to see it than either of the nights in the O2.

Advertisement